- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Tattoo Sourcebook: Over 500 Images for Body Decorationby Andy Sloss
Synopses & Reviews
- Approaching the fascinating world of tattoo art from the perspective of design, The Tattoo Sourcebook offers basic instruction on designing a tattoo and hundreds of images to help you choose one that's right for you.
- This stylish reference includes 500 traditional and modern tattoos from tribal, Asian, Aboriginal ta moko, and intricate Celtic knot work through dragons, mermaids, fairies and fantasy to motifs from the natural world.
- Each chapter offers many ideas on a wide cross-section of themes. The artwork is designed to let you create your own images or trace and enlarge one from the book.
- Along with health and safety tips for getting a tattoo, there is also information for creating designs using body paints and mehndi, for those who want to try out body art before choosing a permanent image.
- From eBay to the hit TLC reality show Miami Ink, tattoos have never been more popular
The Tattoo Sourcebook is your one-stop shop for all things tattoo. Learn how to design your own or choose from more than 500 traceable images ranging from traditional tribal, Asian, ta moko, and knotwork motifs to fantasy icons like dragons, mermaids, and fairies to animals, flowers, and stars. Along with health and safety tips, you'll find a history of body decoration, technical advice, and instructions for using body paints and mehndi to try out different looks before deciding on a permanent image.
About the Author
Andy Sloss is a writer and graphic designer who has written several books on tattoo art, as well as How to Draw Celtic Knotwork and How to Draw Celtic Key Patterns.
Zaynab Mirza is a professional make-up artist specializing in body-decoration designs. She appears regularly on women's programs for TV Asia, Asianet, and Zee TV.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Art » Body Art and Tattooing