- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Financial Managementby Arthur J. Keown
Synopses & Reviews
' This text provides an introduction to financial decision-making that links the concepts to four key principles of finance.
Getting Started–Principles of Finance; Firms and the Financial Market; Understanding Financial Statements, Taxes, and Cash Flows; Financial Analysis: Sizing Up Firm Performance; Time Value of Money — The Basics; Time Value of Money — Multiple Cash Flows and Annuities; An Introduction to Risk and Return–History of Financial Market Returns; Risk and Return–Capital Market Theory; Debt Valuation and Interest Rates; Stock Valuation; Investment Decision Criteria; Forecasting Project Cash Flows; Risk Analysis of Project Cash Flows; The Cost of Capital; Capital Structure Policy; Dividend Policy; Financial Forecasting and Planning; Working Capital Management; International Finance; Corporate Risk Management
For an enduring understanding of the basic tools and fundamental principles upon which finance is based.'
With its exciting introduction of the Harley-Davidson focus company theme, this book continues to provide a solid, enduring foundation of the tools of modern theory while at the same time developing the logic behind their use. The “10 Principles of Finance” (formerly “Axioms” ) provide the framework, or “the big picture” of finance, which ties the major concepts of the book together. A six-part organization covers the scope and environment of financial management, valuation of financial assets, investment in long-term assets, capital structure and dividend policy, working-capital management, and special topics in finance, and special topics in finance. For an enduring understanding of the basic tools and fundamental principles upon which finance is based.
Table of Contents
I. THE SCOPE AND ENVIRONMENT OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
1. An Introduction to Financial Management.
2. Understanding Financial Statements, Taxes, and Cash Flows.
3. Evaluating a Firms Financial Performance.
4. Financial Forecasting, Planning, and Budgeting.
II. VALUATION OF FINANCIAL ASSETS.
5. The Time Value of Money.
6. Risk and Rates of Return.
7. Valuation and Characteristics of Bonds.
8. Stock Valuation.
III. INVESTMENT IN LONG-TERM ASSETS.
9. Capital-Budgeting Decision Criteria.
10. Cash Flows and Other Topics in Capital Budgeting.
11. Capital Budgeting and Risk Analysis.
12. Cost of Capital,
13. Managing for Shareholder Value.
IV. CAPITAL STRUCTURE AND DIVIDEND POLICY.
14. Raising Capital in the Financial Markets.
15. Analysis and Impact of Leverage.
16. Planning the Firms Financing Mix.
17. Dividend Policy and Internal Financing.
V. WORKING-CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AND SPECIAL TOPICS IN FINANCE.
18. Working-Capital Management and Short-Term Financing.
19. Cash and Marketable Securities Management.
20. Accounts Receivable and Inventory Management.
VI. SPECIAL TOPICS IN FINANCE.
21. Risk Management.
22. International Business Finance.
23. Web Chapter: Corporate Restructuring: Combinations and Divestures.
24. Web Chapter: Term Loans and Leases.
What Our Readers Are Saying