- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Ageless: The Naked Truth about Bioidentical Hormonesby Suzanne Somers
Synopses & Reviews
Can you really feel better as you get older?
Is aging without illness possible?
Is your own internal fountain of youth waiting to be discovered?
Yes, yes, and YES says Suzanne Somers, the bestselling author of The Sexy Years, It can all be true when you take advantage of the new science of antiaging medicine--a revolutionary approach to achieving the ageless life.
Suzanne Somers introduced millions of women to bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and changed the way we look at menopause with her groundbreaking book, The Sexy Years, and the overwhelming media response to its publication. Now, in Ageless, Suzanne introduces an inspiring, medically validated approach to reversing the aging process and maintaining a healthy, vibrant, mentally sharp, sexually active life--while building the body's natural defenses against age-related diseases.
Ageless is jam-packed with new, updated information on bioidentical hormone replacement and antiaging that will change your life forever. Suzanne talks about:
- Antiaging medicine and how it can help work against the environmental assault that is making us sick, including how to detox the body of harmful pollutants and chemicals and strengthen our weakest glands and organs
- Menopause, which can become an enjoyable passage once the body is in perfect hormonal sync with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
- The dangers of perimenopause and how women can treat it
- Why so many hysterectomies are unnecessary, how birth control pills may have contributed to the rise of hysterectomies, and how to restore your body to perfect hormonal balance after having one
- How andropause is a real condition formen, and how men can lose weight, regain their youthful physiques, and restore heath, energy, and sexuality, all through bioidentical HRT
- The importance of sleep and the healing work that nature does during this time to balance hormones and increase energy
In this antiaging bible, Suzanne brings together prominent, Western-trained antiaging doctors who are at the forefront of a medical revolution to show how the traditional medical approach is woefully inadequate and outdated. Its standard of care has been to treat all symptoms with drugs, but in Ageless you will find out how this approach does not make us better. With antiaging medicine you can heal your body rather than keep a chronic condition at bay with drugs. Ageless shows you how to keep your insides young, and how this manifests on the outside.
What could be better than having your doctor tell you that you have the bones of a twenty-year-old, or the heart of a thirty-year-old? You can be young on the inside if you follow the advice in Ageless, Suzanne reveals the secrets to youthfulness that everyone can achieve and shows us all how to live the ageless life
How young is your energy?
The second half of your life can be better than your first half. A better life, a healthier life, a life of youthful energy comes from embracing antiaging medicine, and bioidentical hormone replacement is a big component. . . . The second half of life can be wonderful. I know it because I am living it. This new approach to health gives you back your lean body, shining hair, and thick skin, provided you are eating correctly and exercising in moderation. This new medicine allows your brain to work perfectly and offers thegreatest defense against cancer, heart attack, and Alzheimer's disease. Don't you want that? --From the Introduction
Also available as a Random House Large Print Edition
From the Hardcover edition.
What if you could really feel better as you get older, or age without illness? What could be better than having your doctor tell you that you have the bones of a twenty-year-old, or the heart of a thirty-year-old? Follow the advice in Ageless, and youll discover your own internal fountain of youth! In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Suzanne Somers reveals the secrets to a younger, healthier, and sexier you.
Jam-packed with updated information on bioidentical hormone replacement and antiaging, Ageless will change your life forever. Suzanne talks about:
• Antiaging medicine and how it can help work against the environmental assault that is making us sick
• Menopause, which can become an enjoyable passage once the body is in perfect hormonal sync with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
• Why so many hysterectomies are unnecessary, how birth control pills may have contributed to the rise of them, and how to restore your body to perfect hormonal balance after having one
• The importance of sleep and the healing work that nature does during this time
About the Author
Suzanne Somers is the author of sixteen books, including the New York Times bestsellers Keeping Secrets, five Somersize titles, and The Sexy Years. The former star of the hit television programs Threes Company and Step by Step, Suzanne is one of the most trusted and respected brand names in the world, representing cosmetics and skin care products, apparel, jewelry, a computerized facial fitness system, fitness products, and an extensive food line. Suzanne received an honorary doctorate of humane letters from National University and is a highly sought-after commencement speaker. For more information, go to her website SuzanneSomers.com.
From the Hardcover edition.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Architecture » General