- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
This title in other editions
Veterinary Computed Tomographyby Tobias Schwarz
Synopses & Reviews
This practical and highly illustrated guide is an essential resource for veterinarians seeking to improve their understanding and use of computed tomography (CT) in practice. It provides a thorough grounding in CT technology, describing the underlying physical principles as well as the different types of scanners. The book also includes principles of CT examination such as guidance on positioning and how to achieve a good image quality.
Written by specialists from thirteen countries, this book offers a broad range of expertise in veterinary computed tomography, and is the first book to describe the technology, methodology, interpretation principles and CT features of different diseases for most species treated in veterinary practice.
About the Author
Tobias Schwarz is Head of the Diagnostic Imaging service and Senior Lecturer at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK and was formerly Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, USA. He is Diplomate of both the American College of Veterinary Radiology and the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, and has practiced clinical veterinary radiology in 5 different countries.
Jimmy Saunders is Professor at Ghent University Department of Veterinary Medical Imaging & Small Animal Orthopedics, Belgium. He is Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, as well as serving as Secretary and Board member.
Both editors have over 10 years of experience with clinical veterinary CT, and have published numerous peer-reviewed papers in this area.
Table of Contents
1. CT Physics and Instrumentation – Mechanical Design (Jimmy Saunders and Stefanie Ohlerth).
2. CT Acquisition Principles (Tobias Schwarz and Robert O’Brien).
3. Principles of CT Image Interpretation (Jimmy Saunders and Tobias Schwarz).
4. Artifacts in CT (Tobias Schwarz).
5. CT Contrast Media and Applications (Rachel Pollard and Sarah Puchalski).
6. Special Software Applications (Jennifer Kinns, Robert Malinowski, Fintan McEvoy, Tobias Schwarz and Allison Zwingenberger).
7. Digital Environment (Robert Malinowski).
8. CT Planning for Radiotherapy (Lisa J. Forrest).
9. Interventional CT (Tobias Schwarz and Sarah Puchalski).
10. Purchase Considerations (Victor Rendano).
11. Nasal Cavities and Frontal Sinuses (Jimmy Saunders and Tobias Schwarz).
12. Oral Cavity, Mandible, Maxilla and Dental Apparatus (Lisa J. Forrest and Tobias Schwarz).
13. Temporomandibular Joint and Masticatory Apparatus (Tobias Schwarz).
14. Orbita, Salivary Glands and Lacrimal System (Susanne Boroffka (orbita), Sophie Dennison, Tobias Schwarz and Jimmy Saunders).
15. External, Middle and Inner Ear (Randi Drees).
16. Calvarium and Zygomatic Arch (Federica Morandi).
17. Lymph Nodes of Head and Neck (Olivier Taeymans).
18. Pharynx, Larynx and Thyroid Gland (Olivier Taeymans and Tobias Schwarz).
19. Brain (Silke Hecht).
20. Pituitary Gland (Silke Hecht and Tobias Schwarz).
21. Cranial Nerves and Associated Skull Foramina (Laurent Couturier with Edouard Cauvin).
22. Vertebral Column and Spinal Cord (Gabriella Seiler, Jennifer Kinns, Sophie Dennison, Jimmy Saunders and Tobias Schwarz).
23. Heart and Vessels (Marc-André d’Anjou and Tobias Schwarz).
24. Trachea (Tobias Schwarz and Jimmy Saunders).
25. Mediastinum (Robert Kirberger and Audrey Petite).
26. Lungs and Bronchi (Tobias Schwarz and Victoria Johnson).
27. Pleura (Wilfried Mai).
28. Thoracic Boundaries (Jimmy Saunders, Massimo Vignoli and Ingrid Gielen).
29. Liver, Gallbladder and Spleen (Federica Rossi, Federica Morandi and Tobias Schwarz).
30. Pancreas (Ana Cáceres).
31. Gastrointestinal Tract (Massimo Vignoli and Jimmy Saunders).
32. Urinary System (Tobias Schwarz).
33. Genital Tract (Jimmy Saunders, Federica Rossi and Tobias Schwarz).
34. Adrenal Glands (Federica Morandi).
35. Systemic and Portal Abdominal Vasculature (Tobias Schwarz).
36. Abdominal Lymph Nodes and Collective System (Federica Rossi, Michail Patsikas and Erik R. Wisner).
37. Long Bones (Ryan M. Schultz and Erik R. Wisner).
38. Joints (Valerie Samii (stifle), Ingrid Gielen (shoulder, elbow, tarsus), Eberhard Ludewig (carpus), Chess Adams (hip), Ingmar Kiefer (carpus), Henri van Bree (shoulder, elbow, tarsus) and Jimmy Saunders).
39. Particularities of Equine CT (Jimmy Saunders, Alastair Nelson and Katrien Vanderperren).
40. Equine Sinonasal and Dental (Jimmy Saunders and Zoe Windley).
41. Equine Calvarium, Brain and Pituitary (Jennifer Kinns and Russ Tucker).
42. Equine Neck and Spine (Jimmy Saunders and Hendrik-Jan (Erik) Bergman).
43. Equine Fractures (Hendrik-Jan (Erik) Bergman and Jimmy Saunders).
44. Equine Foot (Sarah Puchalski).
45. Equine Fetlock (Katrien Vanderperren and Hendrik-Jan (Erik) Bergman).
46. Upper Limbs (Carpus, Tarsus, Stifle) (Hendrik-Jan (Erik) Bergman and Jimmy Saunders).
47. Ruminant and Porcine (Fintan McEvoy and Stefanie Ohlerth).
48. Rabbits and Rodents (Randi Drees).
49. Avian (Michaela Gumpenberger).
50. Chelonians (Michaela Gumpenberger).
What Our Readers Are Saying