- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Library Bound
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Other titles in the National Geographic Little Kids series:
First Big Book of Space (National Geographic Little Kids)by Catherine D. Hughes
Synopses & Reviews
This beautiful book is the latest addition to the National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book series. These colorful pages will introduce young children to the wonders of space, with colorful illustrations by David Aguilar and simple text that is perfect for beginning readers or for reading aloud. The book will explain basic concepts of space, beginning with what is most familiar to kids and expanding out into universe.
• Chapter 1 focuses on the Earth, moon, and sun.
• Chapter 2 introduces kids to the other planets in our solar system.
• Chapter 3 explains other objects in our solar system, such as dwarf planets, comets, and asteroid belts.
• Chapter 4 voyages even farther afield, touching on concepts such as the universe, the Milky Way, stars, galaxies, and black holes.
• The last chapter delves into space exploration: humans on the moon, spaceships, the International Space Station.
About the Author
Catherine D. Hughes is the author of National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals, National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs, and is the science editor for the award-winning National Geographic Kids and National Geographic Little Kids magazines. She has a master's degree in early childhood education.
Award-winning author DAVID A. AGUILAR is widely recognized for his ability to communicate the wonderment of science to enthusiasts of all ages. David's artwork has been featured on the History Channel's series "The Universe", Time magazine, CNN, USA Today, National Geographic, Astronomy, and more. His other books include Planets, Stars & Galaxies and 13 Planets.
What Our Readers Are Saying