- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
The Old Farmer's Almanac (Old Farmer's Almanac)
Synopses & Reviews
Accept no substitutes! Americas oldest continuously published periodical and best-loved annual is often imitated but never equaled. This is the one, the only, Old Farmers Almanac! Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, the Almanac for 2014 promises to be "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor," fulfilling once again (for the 222nd time) the mission set forth in 1792 by its founder, Robert B. Thomas. In addition to its 80 percent-accurate weather, this years signature mix of wit and wisdom, tips and advice, forecasts and fun includes . . . • an astronomy quiz to test your Sky-Q • anglers six favorite fish and secrets to hooking them • vegetables and other perennial edibles to grow • the time in our lives: where it goes, ways to make the most of it, and more • the whole truth about whole grains • how to get bitten by a pet (if youre not careful) • rings around Earth (think Saturn) that might influence our weather • health tips for each zodiac sign • envelope and napkin jottings that changed the world • plus: Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, historic trivia, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention! Added value this year: • 80 full-color pages • full-color winter and summer weather maps • updated Reference section
As surely as the Sun rises in the east and maple leaves turn color in autumn, The Old Farmer's Almanac is back—and it's better than ever!
Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, America's best loved annual and oldest continuously published peridocial (now in its 223rd year!) promises to be "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor," thus once again both fulfilling the mission set forth by its founder Robert B. Thomas and readers' expectations. This edition is packed with wit, wisdom, tips, advice, facts, fun, and recipes, including . . .
• traditionally 80 percent-accurate weather forecasts
• creatures from hell
• readers' wacky coincidences
• making sausages at home
• wildfires' effect on weather
• love potions
• beauty secrets
• odds of almost everything
• unmasked mysteries of plant seed dispersal
Plus, Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention.
Added value this year:
• 96 full-color pages—16 more than ever!
• full-color winter and summer weather maps
• updated Reference section
The Old Farmer's Almanac is often imitated, but never equaled. Accept no substitutes!
Americas best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved: Its name makes people smile and its contents tickle funny bones. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac is packed with facts, features, and fun that make every day special.
The 2012 edition, which marks the publications 220th anniversary, will feature . . .
•weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus the science behind weather folklore
• the most accurate astronomical data under the sun, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• gardening advice for growing vegetables and flowers, not to mention worthwhile weeds
• easy, mouthwatering recipes for Dutch ovens
• amusing and enlightening articles on topics such as cures for a headache, quirky measurements, and heirloom animals
• ideas, hints, and charts that provide simple solutions and shortcuts for everyday challenges
• and much, much more!
Added value this year . . .
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts
• national, in-person TV, radio, and print publicity campaign, beginning in September 2011
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
What Our Readers Are Saying
Featured Titles » General