- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Five Unanswered Questions about 9/11by James Ridgeway
Synopses & Reviews
A co-publication of Seven Stories Press and Akashic Books.
With the passage of time, an ever-growing number of indisputable facts are pointing to very serious breaches of integrity and an unsettling lack of transparency surrounding the motivations of key individuals and agencies with distinct roles in events leading up to and following that fateful morning.
In The Five Unanswered Questions About 9/11, investigative reporter James Ridgeway pinpoints five glaring black holes of information surrounding 9/11:
1. The initial government response: Why was Cheney running the country on 9/11? Where was Donald Rumsfeld, commander of the US armed forces? Why didn’t American Airlines immediately alert the FAA headquarters and the military at 8:20 when the airline first learned from flight attendants onboard that a hijack was underway?
2. The ignorance of the FBI and CIA: With Al-Qaeda firmly on the radar for years, why were they unable to see this coming?
3. The failings of the FBI’s translation department: Why wasn’t the Bureau set up to decipher the transmissions within its grasp?
4. The role of Pakistani secret intelligence: As the attacks were planned in Afghanistan, who was watching and who was invested?
5. The 9/11 Commission’s investigation: Why weren’t even the most obvious questions addressed?
Currently the Washington correspondent for The Village Voice, James Ridgeway has authored over 15 books and co-directed the films Blood in the Face and Feed. He has also written for Harper’s Magazine, Economist, The New York Times Magazine, The Nation, The New Republic, Parade, Ramparts, and The Wall Street Journal.
What the 9/11 Commission should have told us... but didn't.
The 9/11 Commission Report is widely declared to be the definitive account of the most devastating attack ever to take place on American soil, but in truth the most vital questions about 9/11 have not been asked, and an ever-growing number of facts casts clouds of suspicion over the actions and motivations of many key government officials and agencies. The 5 Unanswered Questions cuts through the official accounts and political "spin" to the questions that lie at the heart of this American tragedy.
An investigative reporter pinpoints five glaring black holes of information surrounding 9/11. Currently the Washington correspondent for the "Village Voice," Ridgeway has authored over 15 books and co-directed the films "Blood in the Face" and "Feed."
About the Author
James Ridgeway has authored over fifteen books and co-directed the films Blood in the Face and Feed. He has also written for Harpers, The Economist, New York Times Magazine, The Nation, The New Republic, Parade, Ramparts and The Wall Street Journal.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General