- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Briefcase Books series:
Conflict Resolution (Briefcase Books)by Daniel Dana
Synopses & Reviews
Tips and Tools for Managers to Recognize, Prevent, and Resolve Conflictsin Todays Higher-Stress Workplace
Workplaces are changing. As interpersonal rules of conduct become looser and time deadlines become tighter, conflict resolution is gaining importance as a strategic management issue. Conflict Resolution is the first book to provide specific mediation skills and managerial tools for successfully preventing, managing, and resolving workplace conflicts. Before minor skirmishes become full-blown wars, refer to this hands-on, solution-oriented book to learn:
* The 4 primary tasks of preventive mediationwith two important tools to help you perform those tasks
* Practical tools for mediating conflicts between othersas well as resolving conflicts between yourself and another
* Proactive techniques to frame conflicts as both-gain opportunitiesinstead of win-lose or lose-lose contests
Organizations that recognize today the necessity of strategically managing internal conflict will be one step ahead in tomorrows increasingly competitive business environment. Let Conflict Resolution provide you with the latest information and procedures you need for mediating or even preventing conflictsand fostering teamworkin the workplace.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for todays busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
* Clear, concise definitions of conflict management terms and jargon
* Tips for being smart when managing and resolving conflicts
* How-to hints to make conflict management go a little easier
* Practical advice to avoid mistakes when dealing with conflict
* Warning signs for where things could go wrong
* Case studies and examples of how others have managed conflict
* Specific procedures for resolving different kinds of conflicts
Successful management depends on the ability to quickly and effectively manage conflicts. Conflict Resolution includes hands-on information for effectively communicating with employees, disciplining and even terminating employees, understanding and using organizational politics, and more.
All managers, whether brand-new to their positions or well established in the corporate hierarchy, can use a little "brushing up" now and then. The skills-based Briefcase Books series is filled with ideas and strategies to help managers become more capable, efficient, effective, and valuable to their corporations.
About the Author
Daniel Dana Ph.D. (Overland Park, KS), is the founder of Mediation Training Institute International and an invited lecturer at universities and institutions worldwide. He is the author of Managing Differences.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like