- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Economic Decision Analysis (3RD 98 Edition)by W. J. Fabrycky
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
This applied book is a revision of the basic book on applied economics and is suitable for both readers and practitioners. While preserving the strengths of the previous edition, the Third Edition enhances the book's overall coverage. It has been updated and presents methods for analyzing the economic alternatives and outcomes of technical and managerial decisions. The book focuses on practical applications giving readers a thorough understanding of how to use evaluation methods necessary for decision making. The book also includes a new chapter discussing loans, bonds, working capital, exchange rates and equity.
Book News Annotation:
This applied text for college students and for those who assist in economic decision making presents methods and analysis techniques for improving the economic outcomes of managerial decisions. Topics include the role of interest in economic equivalence and in the formulation of economic comparisons, inflationary effects, the evaluation of asset replacement, benefit-cost and cost-effectiveness analyses, depreciation, income tax considerations, risk and uncertainty, simulation methods, and economic decision models.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents
1. Formulating Economic Decisions.
2. Some Basic Economic Concepts.
3. Estimating Economic Elements.
II. EVALUATING DECISION ALTERNATIVES.
4. Interest and Economic Equivalence.
5. Comparing Decision Alternatives.
6. Economic Aspects of Inflation.
7. Evaluating Replacement Alternatives.
8. Evaluating Public Activities.
III. FINANCE, ACCOUNTING, AND TAXES.
9. Economic Aspects of Finance.
10. Accounting and Depreciation Accounting.
11. Income-Tax Considerations.
IV. ESTIMATES, RISK, AND UNCERTAINTY.
12. Adjustment Estimated Elements.
13. Estimates and Decision Making.
14. Decision Making Involving Risk.
15. Decision Making Under Uncertainty.
V. ECONOMIC DECISION MODELS.
16. Models and Economic Modeling.
17. Break-Even Economic Models.
18. Models for Economic Optimization.
Appendix A. Interest Factor Tables.
Appendix B. Effective Interest Rates.
Appendix C. Selected References.
What Our Readers Are Saying