- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Symbiosis: The Pearson Custom Library for the Biological Sci series:
Experiments in Plant Physiology (94 Edition)by Carol A. Reiss
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
@lt;P@gt;Comprehensive laboratory guide for plant physiology. @lt;/P@gt;
Comprehensive laboratory guide for plant physiology.
Table of Contents
I. PLANT BIOCHEMISTRY.
1. Determination of the Ascorbic Acid Content in Cabbage.
2. Amylase: Enzyme Assay.
3. Separation, Identification and Quantitation of Plant Pigments.
4. Whodunit - or - The Influence of Light Intensity on Starch Production in Photosynthesis.
5. Photosynthesis: Partial Reactions in Cell-Free Preparations.
6. Carbon Fixation.
7. Light Relations in Whole Cell Photosynthesis.
8. Respiratory Control in Potato Tuber Slices and Mitochondria.
II. WATER AND MINERAL TRANSPORT IN PLANTS.
9. Tissue-Water Relations in Potato.
10. The Pressure Bomb and Determination of Water Potential.
11. Transpiration and the Mechanism of Guard Cell Movement.
12. Mineral Nutrition.
13. Nitrate Reductase: The Transformation of Chlamydomonas.
14. Ion Uptake by Potato Tuber Discs.
15. Ion Transport and Electrochemical Potential.
16. Translocation of Labeled Sucrose.
III. HORMONES AND PLANT DEVELOPMENT.
17. Plant Tissue Culture.
18. Plant Movements and the Differential Growth of Plants.
19. Calcium and Signal Transduction: Cytoplasmic Streaming in Chara Cells.
20. Apical Dominance.
21. Leaf Senescence.
22. Hormones and Leaf Abscission.
23. Ethylene Production and Flower Senescence.
24. Bioassay for Gibberellins.
25. …a-Amylase: Location and Timing in Wheat Seed Germination.
26. Phytochrome Control of Leaflet Movement in Albizzia.
27. Seed Germination: Light and Hormones.
28. De-etiolation and Phytochrome.
29. The Greening of Cucumber Cotyledons.
A. Units, SI and Metric.
B. The Use of Pipets.
D. The Oxygen Electrode.
F. The Bean Plant.
G. Equipment, Solutions and Plant Material.
Abbreviations Used in the Text.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Business » Real Estate