- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Treatments That Work series:
Cognitive-Behavioral Stress Management: Workbookby Gail Ironson
Synopses & Reviews
Living with HIV can be stressful, which can affect both your emotional and physical well-being. You may feel a loss of control over your life, socially isolated, or anxious and depressed. Studies have shown that prolonged stress can negatively impact the immune system, making it less effective in fighting illness. If you are concerned about the impact stress has on your life and on your health, this book can help you learn to relax and manage stress more effectively.
This book presents a group treatment program that has been scientifically proven to reduce stress in individuals living with HIV. Written by the developers of this groundbreaking program, this workbook is based on the principles of Cognitive-Behavioral Stress Management (CBSM). You will learn a variety of relaxation techniques, all designed to help you reduce tension and stress. As you become more aware of stress and its effects, stress management skills will increase your ability to cope.
This workbook comes complete with user-friendly monitoring forms and homework exercises designed to help reinforce the skills learned in group. It also includes instructions for relaxation practice that will remain useful long after you've completed the program. Used in conjunction with the group program described in the corresponding facilitator guide, this workbook will help you successfully manage stress and lead a more healthy life.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Table of Contents
1. Overview of the Program
2. Session 1: Stressors and Stress Responses/Progressive Muscle Relaxation for 16 Muscle Groups
3. Session 2: Stress and Awareness/Progressive Muscle Relaxation for 8 Muscle Groups
4. Session 3: Linking Thoughts and Emotions/Breathing, Imagery, Progressive Muscle Relaxation for 4 Muscle Groups
5. Session 4: Negative Thinking and Cognitive Distortions/Breathing, Imagery, Passive Progressive Muscle Relaxation
6. Session 5: Rational Thought Replacement/Autogenic Training for Warmth and Heaviness
7. Session 6: Productive Coping/Autogenic Training for Heartbeat, Breathing, Abdomen, and Forehead
8. Session 7: Executing Effective Coping Responses/Autogenic Training with Imagery and Self-Suggestions
9. Session 8: Anger Management/Mantra Meditation
10. Session 9: Assertiveness Training/Breath Counting Meditation
11. Session 10: Social Support/Personal Stress Management Program
About the Authors.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » History of Medicine