- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Oxford Theological Monographs series:
Fundamentalism & Evangelicalsby John Mcmanners
Synopses & Reviews
This study examines the contentious claim that much evangelicalism is fundamentalist in character. Within Protestantism, the term "fundamentalism" denotes not only a movement but also a mentality which has greatly affected evangelicals, and which involves preserving as factual a reading of scripture as possible. Here the development and dismantling of the fundamentalist mentality is examined in light of philosophical influences upon evangelicalism over the last three centuries, notably: Common Sense, Realism, neo-Calvinism, and modern hermeneutical philosophy. Particular attention is paid to James Barr's critique of fundamentalism and to evangelical rejoinders.
About the Author
Harriet A. Harris is Lecturer in Theological Studies at the University of Exeter.
Table of Contents
1. Groundwater--The Present and the Future, R.A. Downing and W.B. Wilkinson
2. Groundwater--Legal Controls and Organizational Aspects, A.C. Skinner
3. Groundwater in Basin Management, M. Owen, H.G. Headworth, and M. Morgan-Jones
4. Rising Groundwater Levels--An International Problem, W.B. Wilkinson and F.C. Brassington
5. Groundwater Recharge and Water Movement in the Unsaturated Zone, C.M.K. Gardner et al.
6. Shallwo Groundwater Systems, C. Neal, D.G. Kinniburgh, and P.G. Whitehead
7. Data Collection, Storage, Retrieval, and Interpretation, G.P. Jones and F.C. Brassington
8. Landfill Disposal of Wastes, G.M. Williams, C.P. Young, and H.D. Robinson
9. Urban and Industrial Groundwater Pollution, J.W. Lloyd et al.
10. Rural and Agricultural Pollution of Groundwater, J.M. Parker, C.P. Young, and P.J. Chilton
11. Microbiology of Aquifers, L. Clark et al.
12. Geological and Hydrogeological Aspects of the Deep Disposal of Nuclear Wastes in Britain, N.A. Chapman and T.J. McEwen
13. Transport in Fractured Rock, J.A. Barker
14. Statistical Methods of Characterizing Hydrogeological Parameters, R. Mackay and P.E. O'Connell
15. Noble Gases and Radioelements in Groundwaters, J.N. Andrews
16. Geochemical Characteristics of Groundwater in Granites and Related Crystalline Rocks, W.M. Edmunds and D. Savage
17. Geothermal Energy in the United Kingdom, R.A. Downing, R.H. Parker, and D.A. Gray
18. Hydrogeological Assessments for Underground Mines, J.W. Lloyd, R.I. Jeffrey, and N.H. Neill
The International Scene--The Involvement of British Hydrogeologists, 19
What Our Readers Are Saying