- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
How Come That Idiot's Rich and I'm Not?by Robert Shemin
Synopses & Reviews
In How Come That Idiot's Rich and I'm Not? bestselling author Robert Shemin reveals for the first time the inner-circle secrets of the mega-wealthy. Have you ever wondered why some people attract wealth while others stay financially trapped and in debt? The key is wealth-friendly, upside-down thinking. Stick with all the old moneymaking rules and stay broke. Break them and get rich. This is the book that shows you how.
We've all read about the college kid who made millions on a brainstorm, or the couple who made a fortune in real estate, or the guy in his thirties who waved good-bye to his boss and now lives on his investments. But until now, how they did it--the rules they followed or flouted, the tricks they stumbled on--have remained a mystery.
That's about to change. Whether you've been trying to get rich but haven't quite made it yet, or just need the confidence to dream big, this is the book for you. As experienced as Shemin is at showing high-net-worth individuals how to get richer, his real love is helping self-described financial disasters earn millions. And he uses his own odds-defying story to illustrate the outside-the-box thinking that gets the job done. Here, you'll learn how to:
- set only one powerful success goal--and make it a big one
- play while your money goes to work
- stop building someone else's business and start building your own
- live and think like a millionaire while you're becoming one
- use the power and smarts of other Rich Idiots to help you join the Rich Idiot Club
- add OPI (other people's ideas), OPT (other people's time), and OPE (other people's experience) to do less and make more
- tap into timeless secrets thatunlock the energy and spiritual power of money
Learn which three assets you must own to become a Rich Idiot and how to obtain them with little or no money of your own. Learn why Rich Idiots outearn almost all the so-called wealth experts and how you can, too. Above all, learn how doing just one thing a day will bring you to your big goal.
In this book, the first to show you what it really takes to achieve financial abundance, Shemin illustrates in a fun, witty way how going against the grain is, in fact, the surest way to gain. Spend just a few pages with Robert and his Rich Idiot friends and you'll be convinced that if they could do it, I can do it.
From the Hardcover edition.
"New York Times"-bestselling author Shemin reveals the inner-circle secrets of the mega-wealthy. The author illustrates, in a fun, witty manner, what it really takes to achieve financial abundance.
Have you ever wondered why some people attract wealth while others stay financially trapped? The key is learning wealth-friendly, upside-down thinking.
In this New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Robert Shemin, one-time "idiot" and currently a multimillionaire, illustrates in a witty way how going against the grain is, in fact, the surest way to gain. Learn how to:
• set only one powerful success goal—and make it a big one
• play while your money goes to work
• stop building someone elses business and start building your own
• live and think like a millionaire while youre becoming one
• use the power and smarts of other Rich Idiots to help you join the Rich Idiot Club
Spend just a few pages with Robert and his Rich Idiot friends and youll be convinced that “if they could do it, I can do it.”
About the Author
ROBERT SHEMIN has worked with high-net-worth individuals for Goldman Sachs, helped create four companies, and has been involved in more than one thousand real-estate transactions.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like