- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Beyond Baby Talk: From Speaking to Spelling: A Guide to Language and Literacy Development for Parents and Caregiversby Kenn Apel
Synopses & Reviews
From "Goo" to Gab — Guiding Your Child to Effective Communication
The first five years of a child's life are the most critical for speech and language development, and, as a parent, you are your child's primary language role model. So what are the best ways to help your child develop the all-important skill of communication? Fun, easy, and engaging, this book shows you how! Inside, you'll discover all of the essential steps and checkpoints from birth through age five, tips to help your child progress on schedule, and easy methods to:
· Evaluate and monitor your child's language development
· Understand and deal with environmental impacts such as television and cultural styles
· Recognize the signs of language development problems
· And much, much more!
About the Author
Kenn Apel, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is a professor and director of communication science and disorders at The Florida State University and a widely known researcher and educator in language and literacy development and disorders.
Julie J. Masterson, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is a nationally known educator and researcher in speech, language, and literacy development. She is a professor of communication sciences and disorders at Missouri State University.
Table of Contents
How Does Your Child Hear and Talk?
1. Getting Started: How You and Your Infant Create Language Together
2. Earliest Words: Discovering Your Baby’s Style
3. Building First Sentences: Natural Ways to Encourage Your Toddler
4. Preparing for Written
What Our Readers Are Saying
Education » General