- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Wow! series:
The Photoshop CS / Cs2 Wow! Book (Wow!)by Linnea Dayton
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Ever since Photoshop version 2.5, The Photoshop Wow! Book has enlightened and inspired graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers around the globe. This newest edition delivers the familiar award-winning mix of explanations and step-by-step tutorials for creating both commercial and fine-art images, with tips and beautiful galleries that distinguish this book as the most inspiring Photoshop resource around. Redesigned for easy reference, Photoshop CS/CS2 Wow! also includes new short features in which professional photographers and designers let you in on their creative secrets for quick solutions. The DVD-ROM includes hundreds of before-and-after tutorial files, Layer Styles and Patterns, as well as Actions, gradients, custom tools, and other goodies. You’ll learn the most innovative techniques for creating and enhancing images, graphics, and type, including:
• How and when to use the new features in Photoshop CS and CS2, including the Spot Healing Brush, Lens Correction, Lens Blur, Vanishing Point, and Variables
• How to build your skill with familiar Photoshop features such as blend modes, adjustment layers, channels, and filters
• How to focus attention on the subject of a photo, retouch a portrait, tint an image, or convert a color image to black-and-white
• How to bring out your inner artist with Photoshop’s sophisticated brushes and vector-drawing tools
• How to create dazzling special effects for type and graphics—from custom textures and realistic materials to animation and rollover for the web
• How to build a striking layout or a seamless composite, including the little details that make a big difference in the art of creating illusions
• How to keep your creations organized with layers, layer set or groups, layer comps, and Smart Objects
Using gorgeous, professionally designed projects (and a DVD crammed with project files and and other great resources), the latest edition of this best-selling full-color encyclopedia of Photoshop presents step-by-step all the techniques needed to reproduce the works shown in its pages. With clear background explanations that will help readers choose the best approaches for their own photo, design, and illustration projects, the book explores all of Photoshop's most important features, including those new to both Photoshop and Photoshop Extended CS3 and CS4: a Camera Raw workflow; Smart Filters; content-aware scaling; improved Adjustment layers; new and enhanced selection and masking tools; better blending for panoramas, high dynamic range photos, and other composites; new video and animation features; 3D; image measurement and analysis tools; improved asset management with Bridge; and more. As always with this popular series, the book showcases the work of dozens of Photoshop experts, with the emphasis on results--how to produce the best work in the least amount of time while keeping options open for easy change and repurposing. Readers may just find some tricks even Adobe doesn't know about!
Dazzling projects and the recipes required to re-create them make this volume the surest, most practical way to learn Photoshop CS!
About the Author
Linnea Dayton is an award-winning author of more than 20 books and numerous articles on computer imagery and design, including eight editions of the best-selling Photoshop Wow! Book and two books in Peachpit Press’s popular One-Click Wow! series. She is principal of Dayton & Associates and series editor for the Wow! Book series. Cristen Gillespie begins her journey as a Photoshop Wow! author with this edition. She has contributed to other books in the Wow! series and with Dayton, Davis, and Ben Willmore, authors the "Wow! Factor" column for Photoshop User magazine.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Computers and Internet » Desktop Publishing » General