- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Iphone Book: How to Do the Things You Want to Do with Your Iphone (One-Off)by Scott Kelby
Out of Print
Synopses & Reviews
The first edition of "The iPhone Book" was chosen by Amazon's editors as their Computer/Technology Book of the Year. This new version of the book, totally updated and expanded for the 3G iPhone, was chosen by Amazon as one of their "Top 10 Must-Have Books" in their annual list of the most "gift-worthy" books of the holiday season.
Here's why this book has become such a hit with iPhone users around the world: it's not a “Tell-me-all-about-it” book, which has in-depth discussions on everything from wireless network protocols to advanced compression codes. Instead it's a “show-me-how-to-do-it” book, that skips all the confusing techno-jargon and just tells you, in plain simple English, exactly how to use the iPhone features you want to use most.
The book’s layout is brilliant, with each page covering just one single topic, so finding the information you need is quick and easy, with a large full-color photo on each page so you can see exactly how it works.
In this book, you'll learn:
• How to set up and manage your email the right way from the start
• How to take advantage of the iPhone's Web features (including important tips that help you avoid frustration, and get you where you want to go fast!)
• How to download and install applications from Apple's online App Store
• The key trouble-shooting tips you've got to know
• How to get your favorite photos onto your iPhone, tips for using its built-in camera, and how to make the most of the iPhone's surprisingly powerful photo features
• The tips you've got to know to use your iPhone's built-in iPod features, including watching videos, podcasts, TV shows and movies (you're going to amazed at some of the cool things you can do)
• How to use the iPhone's built-in applications to organize your life (you'll learn things in this chapter you didn't know the iPhone could do!)
• The top 20 tips for the iPhone's phone feature that will make you fall in love with it (you'll never want to use any other phone again)
• Plus so much more, including a special bonus chapter called "iPhone Killer Tips" where you'll learn those hidden secrets that you'll be passing on to your iPhone friends (and they will be amazed!).
The iPhone Book is from Scott Kelby, the award-winning author of the smash bestseller, The iPod Book, who teams up once again with gadget guru, and iPhone authority, Terry White to put together a book that is an awful lot like the iPhone itself—simple to use and fun to learn.
In this major update to the book, Scott and Terry added even more tips, more tricks, and made it even easier by focusing on just the most useful and most requested features (without all the techno-babble) so you can start really using your iPhone today!
BONUS VIDEO: The authors put together a special in-depth video just for readers of the book where they not only share their favorite iPhone accessories, but they share even more of those hidden little time-saving tips that can make all the difference in the world.
If you've been waiting for a book that focuses on just the most important, most useful, and most fun stuff about your iPhone—you’ve found it.
There are basically two types of iPhone books out there: (1) The “Tell-me-all-about-it” kind, which includes in-depth discussions on everything from wireless network protocols to advanced compression codes. (2) Then there’s this book, which instead is a “show-me-how-to-do-it” book, that skips all the confusing techno-jargon and just tells you, in plain simple English, exactly how to use the iPhone features you want to use most.
The iPhone Book is from Scott Kelby, the award-winning author of the smash bestseller, The iPod Book, who takes that same highly-acclaimed, casual, straight-to-the-point concept and layout and brings it to learning Apple’s amazing iPhone. Scott teams up once again with gadget guru, and leading iPhone authority, Terry White to put together a book that is an awful lot like the iPhone itself—simple to use and fun to learn. The book’s layout is brilliant, with each page covering just one single topic, so finding the information you need is quick and easy, with a large full-color photo on each page so you can see exactly how it works.
You’ll quickly learn how to use the most useful and most requested iPhone features so you can start having fun, and start really using your iPhone today—right now! If you’re ready to learn “just the funk and not the junk,” it’s all here—in the only book of its kind—and you’re going to love it.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and Editor-in-Chief of both Photoshop User and Layers magazines. Scott serves as training director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour and is the technical chair of the largest Photoshop gathering in the industry, Photoshop World. He has written numerous best-selling creative technology books.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Computers and Internet » Computers Reference » General