- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Manga: The Complete Guideby Jason Thompson
Synopses & Reviews
• Reviews of more than 900 manga series
• Ratings from 0 to 4 stars
• Guidelines for age-appropriateness
• Number of series volumes
• Background info on series and artists
THE ONE-STOP RESOURCE FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN THE BEST AND THE REST!
Whether youre new to the world of manga-style graphic novels or a longtime reader on the lookout for the next hot series, heres a comprehensive guide to the wide, wonderful world of Japanese comics!
• Incisive, full-length reviews of stories and artwork
• Titles rated from zero to four stars-skip the clunkers, but dont miss the hidden gems
• Guidelines for age-appropriateness-from strictly mature to kid-friendly
• Profiles of the biggest names in manga, including CLAMP, Osamu Tezuka, Rumiko Takahashi, and many others
• The facts on the many kinds of manga-know your shôjo from your shônen
• An overview of the manga industry and its history
• A detailed bibliography and a glossary of manga terms
LOOK NO FURTHER, YOUVE FOUND YOUR IDEAL MANGA COMPANION!
A go-to resource for manga fans, this indispensable guide contains comprehensive reviews of more than 900 different manga series released in the United States. It also features a detailed Bibliography and resource section for readers who want to explore a particular series.
About the Author
Jason Thompson has over ten years experience as a manga editor, working at SHOHEN JUMP magazine and other publications. His writing has appeared in Animerica and The Comics Journal.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like