- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Flip! for Decorating: A Page-By-Page, Piece-By-Piece, Room-By-Room Guide to Transforming Your Home
Synopses & Reviews
In this fresh, fun, and unique book, design consultant and Today show lifestyle expert Elizabeth Mayhew shares essential insider tips for making any space stylish and timeless in a snap. Forget expensive fixes or labor-intensive endeavors, Flip! for Decorating can show you how to redecorate with what you have on hand, or with the simple purchases youll need to create the room of your dreams. Flip through the upper right hand pages, and watch four rooms receive an instant makeover! Inside youll discover:
• step-by-step instructions for decorating the four most commonly used rooms: living room, dining room, family room, and bedroom
• the fundamentals of color, including no-fail wall and trim colors, when to use wallpaper instead of paint, and the facts on different paint finishes
• the ways to treat a window, from Venetian blinds and Roman shades to simple curtains-and the secrets to making a window appear taller or wider
• the art of picking the perfect sofa, chairs, tables, and lighting
• strategies on how to prioritize your decorating decisions
Flip! for Decorating also features time-saving “reality checks,” handy shopping tips, and easy and informative sidebars that will give you instant solutions if youre stumped, stymied, or need to add a quick jolt of style to virtually any room in your home. With this amazing, practical book, decorating is so easy youll flip!
From a "Today" show lifestyle expert and special projects editor for "House Beautiful" comes an engaging, motivational guide to help readers make decorating choices that are simple and achievable for any home environment.
About the Author
Elizabeth Mayhew is the lifestyle expert for NBCs Today show and is special projects editor for House Beautiful magazine. Previously she was editorial development director at Real Simple magazine. A native of Louisville, Kentucky, she now lives in New York City with her husband and two children.
What Our Readers Are Saying