- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
This title in other editions
Healing Remedies: More than 1,000 Natural Ways to Relieve Common Ailments, from Arthritis and Allergies to Diabetes, Osteoporosis, and Many Others!by Joan Wilen
Synopses & Reviews
A PRACTICAL, SAFE, TIME-TESTED, AND EFFECTIVE A-TO-Z GUIDE TO NATURAL HEALING REMEDIES
For years, sisters Joan Wilen and Lydia Wilen have been collecting and incredible home remedies. These range from old treatments that have been passed down for centuries (but forgotten by modern medicine) to methods recently uncovered by doctors and medical researchers. Healing Remedies combines the best entries from the Wilens’ Chicken Soup & Other Folk Remedies books, plus a significant amount of new material, including sections on diabetes, osteoporosis, ADD, anxiety, and children’s common ailments–from colic and diaper rash to tantrums and teething. Also, check out these other remarkable remedies:
• Eating two pectin-packed apples a day may help lower blood pressure.
• For an energy boost, slap the inside of your elbows and the back of your knees.
• Eating one-half avocado a day may lower cholesterol by up to 42 percent.
• Vaporize a headache by bringing a cup of apple cider vinegar to a slow boil, then put a towel over your head, bend over the pot at a safe distance, and inhale/exhale through your nose for about 10 minutes.
• To tone up your circulatory system and strengthen your heart, pretend to vigorously conduct an orchestra for 10 minutes a day.
• To improve your memory, pop six raw almonds a day.
• Add pizzazz to your sex life by consuming any fruit beginning with p: peaches, plums, pears, pineapple, papaya, and persimmon.
• Practice “girth control” by killing your cravings with pure grape juice.
Though not meant as a substitute for doctor’s visits, this amazing guide also features special sections on men’s health challenges, especially prostate concerns, and women’s symptom relief, from cramps and morning sickness to vaginitis and hot flashes. Remedies galore–and more–are at your fingertips!
Classic home remedies cover the gamut, from ginger to improve memory to raisins soaked in gin as arthritis relief, in an entertaining and informative guide to natural healing that contains more than one thousand effective ways to relieve common ailments. By the author of the best-selling Chicken Soup & Other Folk Remedies. Original. 50,000 first printing.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Alternative