- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
GED Basics (Princeton Review: GED Basics: An Introduction to All 5 Tests)by Princeton Review
Synopses & Reviews
Everything You Need to Start Preparing for the GED.
The GED can be intimidating for students who have been out of school for awhile. Many GED test-takers find that they aren't quite ready to dive into full test preparation, but need some extra general practice and instruction in the basic GED subject areas first.
If you need help learning or refreshing your knowledge of the general topics that the GED covers, the Princeton Review's GED Basics: Easy-to-Follow Lessons to Get Up to Speed for the GED is the right book for you! With step-by-step explanations for tough concepts and easy-to-follow subject reviews, it covers all 5 sections on the GED—Language Arts: Writing, Language Arts: Reading, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics. It includes:
• Clear, basic subject reviews to bring you up to speed on language arts, math, science, and social studies
• Guidance and drills to help you write a high-scoring essay
• Thorough review of all the grammar, word usage, and punctuation skills you need for the reading and writing sections
• Walk-through examples to explain confusing math concepts, and detailed topic lessons for social studies and science
• Numerous practice drills for every topic, with full explanations for each answer
Whether you're preparing to enroll in a GED prep course or take the actual exam, GED Basics: Easy-to-Follow Lessons to Get Up to Speed on the GED will help give you the fundamental building blocks you need to succeed.
The GED is radically changing, and this updated edition of CliffsNotes GED Cram Plan calendarizes a study plan for GED test-takers depending on how much time they have left before they take the test!
About the Author
Murray Shukyn is Associate Director of the Training Renewal Foundation. For almost 20 years, he has tutored students in reaching their goal of passing the GED test.
Dale E. Shuttleworth, Ph.D. is Executive Director of the Training Renewal Foundation.
Achim K. Krull is the co-founder and coordinator of Subway Academy One, an alternative secondary school of the Toronto Board of Education.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like