- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed!: How to Write Letters of Complaint That Get Resultsby Ellen Haygood Phillips
Synopses & Reviews
How to get the best of shoddy shops, crooked car-dealerships, and heartless HMOs--without having to hire an attorney.
The Miss Manners of the consumer kvetch shows readers how to go postal, with complaint letters designed to melt the heart and sting the conscience of the most obdurate, negligent, or customer-hostile corporations.
Drawing on her experience as a pen-for-hire for irate consumers--and on the advice of clients, attorneys, and CEOs--Ellen Phillips shows readers:
- Who to write to, what to say, what to ask for
- The names and addresses of over 600 major companies
- How to draft personal petitions covering everything from tenant-landlord disputes to workman's compensation
- Suggestions on what steps to take to avoid litigation
- Consumer Smarts for automobile buyers
- How to protect yourself from fraudulent business solicitations
- Navigating the courts to ensure the well-being of your family and children
- Help in getting proper coverage from your HMO
- And--because sometimes the world is on your side--how to write the perfect thank- you note.
Delightfully readable, easy to use, and filled with the addresses of hundreds of corporate customer relations offices and state and federal agencies, Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed! is an essential resource for anyone who wants to reach out and scold somebody.
The "Miss Manners" of consumer kvetch shows readers how to go postal, with complaint letters designed to melt the heart and sting the conscience of the most obdurate, negligent, or customer-hostile corporations.
About the Author
A consumer consultant, Ellen Haygood Phillips is the founder of Poison Pen, Inc. She lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like