- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Dover Pictura series:
Synopses & Reviews
Artists, designers, and their audiences share an endless fascination with angels and celestial imagery. This heavenly collection features everything a graphic artist could wish in terms of high-quality, royalty-free angelic art. Its rich selection encompasses both famous and lesser-known works of art from an impressive variety of eras and cultures.
Artists, designers, and their audiences share an endless fascination with angels and celestial imagery. This heavenly collection encompasses both famous and lesser-known works of art from an impressive variety of eras and cultures.
Table of Contents
001. The Last Judgement altarpiece; Van der Weyden; 1445-1450
003. Saint Michael; Carlo Crivelli; c.1476
005. The Annunciation; Gustave Dore
006. Woodcut; Muter Liber; 1677
008. The Trinity with Christ Crucified; Austrian School; c.141 0
009. From the Bamberg Apocalypse; 15th c.
012. Adoring Angel; Fra Angelico; 15th c.
013. Angel announcing the death of the Virgin
015. The Adoration of the Shepherds; Anton Rafael Mengs; 1779
016. Jacob's Dream; School of Provence; 15th c.
018. Peter's Vision; Julius Schnorr van Carolsfeld
023. The Coronation of the Virgin; Jan Baegert; 16th c.
026. Book of Job; William Blake
027. The Seventh Seal; Julius Schnorr van Carolsfeld
028. Maries at Sepulchre; Duccio
030. The Assumption of the Virgin; Francesco Botticini
034. Virgin and Child with Saints; Luca Signorelli; c.1483-84
036. The Archangel Michael; Antonio del Pollaiolo; c.1475
040. Seraphim with Six Wings; 12th/13th c.
041. Ascension; 12th c.
043. The Annunciation; Duccio; 1311
044. Bugaku Dances; Hanabusa Itcho
045. Michael and His Angels Fight the Dragon; Julius Schnorr van Carolsfeld
048. Angel Presenting a Soul to Be Weighed; Guariento di Arpa; 1354
051. Detail from The Coronation of the Virgin; Enguerrand Quartan; c. 1453
052. The Call of Gideon; Julius Schnorr van Carolsfeld
054. Scenes from the Life of Saint Francis; Sassetta; 1444
056. The Coronation of the Virgin; Ridolfo Ghirlandaio; 1504
057. Detail from The Last Judgement, Hans Memling; c. 1467-71
058. The Annunciation; early 12th c.
060. The Celestial Army; Guariento di Arpa; 1378
061. Saints Matthew, Catherine of Alexandria, and John the Evangelist; Stephan Lochner; c.1445
062. The Ascension; Giotto
065. Book of Job; William Blake
066. Cupid; George Barbier
069. Saint Michael as Angel of Judgement and Lord of Souls
070. Saint Michael; Piero delia Francesca; 1469
072. Angel from the Slavonic Liturgical Apostolos; 1610
073. Choir of Angels; Simon Marmion
074. Israfil, The Angel of Resurrection; 16th c.
076. The Ascension; Perugino
078. Tobias and the Angel; Follower of Andea del Verrocchio; c.1470-5
083. Eros; George Barbier
085. The Toilet of Venus; Diego Velaquez; 1647-51
087. Saint Michael
088. Saint Michael
090. Book of Job; William Blake
091. The Holy Trinity; EI Greco; c. 1577-79
095. Angel Crowning the Blessed; Signorelli
096. Intercession; Hans Balding Grun
097. Detail from The Last Judgement; Fra Angelico; 1432-35
099. Jacob's Dream
100. Jacob's Dream; Jusepe de Ribera; 1639 102. The Hospiltality of Abraham
105. Dome of St. Mark's Sacristy; Melozzo da Forli; 1480s
107. Saint Michael and the Dragon; 11th c.
108. Saint Michael and the Dragon
109. Saint Michael and the Dragon; Albrecht Durer; 1498
111. The Fall of the Rebel Angels; The Limburg Brothers; c. 1410--1416
112. Saint Michael the Archangel from the Slavonic Liturgical Apostolos; 1610
113. Madonna and Child Enthrones with Six Angels; Duccio; 1285
115. Shiva and Parvati; c. 1780
116. The Angel Gabriel; 1586
118. The Annunciation; Lorenzo Monaco; c. 1410-15
120. Last Communion of St. Jerome; Domenichino
121. The Annunciation; 1465
123. Angels and the Virgin Mary from the Visconti Hours
124. The Fall of the Rebel Angels; Pieter Bruegel the Elder; 1562
126. Angel as Saki or cupbearer
127. God Answering Job out of the Whirlwind; William Blake
128. The Presentation in the Temple; Giotto di Bondone; 1302-05
129. Angels bear St. Catherine to Mount Sinai
132. The Man of Sorrows; Master Francke; c. 1425
134. Shahnameh; Firdowsi
136. The Annunciation; Fra Angelico; c. 1430
139. Voice of the Evening; Gustave Moreau; 1884
144. Kerubim and Seraphim
148. Archangel Raphael with Tobias; Pietro Vannucci; c. 1496-1500
150. The Archangel Gabriel; 7th c.
152. Midnight Sun; 1550
153. Book of Job; William Blake
155. Angels Holding Scrolls; c.1450
157. The Annunciation
159. Woodcut from Musaeum Hermeticum Reformatum et Amplification; 1678
161. Book of Job; William Blake
163. The Seven Sacraments; Van der Weyden; 1445
166. Satan in His Original Glory. William Blake
168. Hermes the Messenger; 1678
170. Seraphim; Pietro Cavallini
171. The Resurrection; Gustave Dore 173. Book of Job; William Blake
175. Nuns cradled by Angel; 12th c.
177. Archippus and Saint Michael; 12th c.
179. The Four Evangelists
181. Portrait of Chancellor Nicolas Rolin; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
182. Portrait of Guigonne de Salins; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
183. Dante and Beatrice among the circle of Angels; Gustave Dore
185. Saint Michael; 10th c.
186. Detail from The Last Judgement; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
187. Detail from The Last Judgement; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
189. Detail from The Fall of the Rebel Angels; Pieter Bruegel the Elder; 1562
191. The Archangel Gabriel; Heures de Charles de France; 1495
193. Eros; Peter Vischer; 16th c.
194. Detail from The Last Judgement; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
195. The Archangel Gabriel; Hubert and Jan Van Eyck; c.1432
197. The Annunciation; FraAngelico; 15th c.
198. The Resurrection; FraAngelico; 15th c.
199. The Columbia Triptych; left panel; Van der Weyden; 15th c.
200. The Annunciation; Fra Angelico; 15th c.
202. The Annunciation
203. The storm at sea during the Apostle Paul's journey to Rome
205. Raphael and the Fish; Hosein Naggash; c.1590
207. Ezekiel's Vision; Admont Giant Bible
208. The Acts of Gideon; Admont Giant Bible
210. The Rohan Book of Hours (Office of the Dead); c.1430-33
211. Angel bearing a laurel wreath
212. Detail; The Three Archangels with Tobias; Francesco Botticini; c.1470
214. The Agony in the Garden; Gustave Dore
216. Detail; The Wilton Diptych; c.1395-99
What Our Readers Are Saying