- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Kangaroo Care: The Best You Can Do to Help Your Preterm Infantby Susan M. Ludington-hoe
Synopses & Reviews
GIVE YOUR PRETERM BABY THE BEST POSSIBLE START IN LIFE
If you have just given birth to a preterm infant, you and your baby both face special challenges. Parents long to help their baby but often feel isolated and frightened by hospital procedures.
Now there is wonderful news for both babies and parents. Kangaroo Care, a technique pioneered in leading neonatal centers worldwide, gives you a unique role: a special way of holding your infant that provides crucial health benefits—including shorter hospital stays.
Based on ground-breaking research, Kangaroo Care is a step-by-step guide to bringing these benefits to your baby—even if your neonatal unit does not yet have a Kangaroo Care program. It explains:
• Why Kangaroo Care enhances your baby’s development
• How to use the technique even if your infant requires a ventilator or an incubator
• How to understand your baby’s signals of distress or comfort—and how to respond
• How you can work with the national staff to provide the best for your baby between your visits
• How to involve fathers as well as mothers
• All the proven results of Kangaroo Care—including a more relaxed, healthier, and contented baby
THE COMPLETE PARENTS’ GUIDE TO THE REVOLUTIONARY NEW TREATMENT FOR PRETERM BABIES
From an internationally-known expert in child health, here is a dramatically new approach to caring for premature babies--and a wonderful new role for parents. Filled with information about the special needs of fragile newborns and illustrated with step-by-step photos.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 195-207) and index.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Child Care and Parenting » General