- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
The Listening Hand: Self-Healing Through the Rubenfeld Synergy Method of Talk and Touchby Ilana Rubenfeld
Synopses & Reviews
The Rubenfeld Synergy Method is an elegant, powerful system that integrates bodywork, intuition, and psychotherapy. Memories and emotions stored in our bodies can result in energy blocks and imbalances. Rubenfeld Synergy utilizes talk, movement, awareness, imagination, humor, and compassionate touch as gateways — contacting and melting frozen tensions and emotions, freeing the body from pain and the mind from suffering.
The Listening Hand includes:
• Body-mind exercises designed to awaken awareness, free breathing, and reveal the body metaphors that tell your life story
• Guided steps that break through inner barriers and lead to concrete improvements in your daily life and relationships
• Energy explorations for contacting the energy field in yourself and others — and how you can use it to heal
• Experiments for couples that gently increase communication, intimacy, and sexual openness
• Practices that enable helpers to avoid physical, emotional, and spiritual burnout
• A complete 7-day Mind Your Muscles program for tension release, body alignment, and enhanced flexibility
Ilana Rubenfeld has been hailed as one of the great innovators of modern therapy for her unique blend of gentle, non-invasive touch and healing dialogue. Now she has translated her methods into tools that anyone can safely use to increase energy and well-being, and resolve painful emotional and physical symptoms.<P>Trained at Juilliard as a conductor, Rubenfeld originally turned to bodywork to heal the muscle spasms that were paralyzing her arms. Her marvelous storytelling gift brings to life her own and many other dramatic case histories, showing how quickly healing takes place when we learn to listen to the messages our bodies are trying to convey.<P>Filled with exercises for both individuals and couples, "The Listening Hand" also includes chapters on self-care for helpers and on the role of humor in healing — plus a fully illustrated seven-day program for flexibility and tension release.
About the Author
ILANA RUBENFELD, Ph.D., currently teaches at the Esalen and Omega Institutes and at the New York Open Center. She has also been on the faculties of the NYU Graduate School of Social Work and the New School for Social Research. She gives lectures and workshops nationwide and conducts a four-year professional certification training program.
From the Hardcover edition.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Massage and Bodywork