- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatmentby Keith Block
Synopses & Reviews
Dr. Keith Block is at the global vanguard of innovative cancer care. As medical director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illinois, he has treated thousands of patients who have lived long, full lives beyond their original prognoses. Now he has distilled almost thirty years of experience into the first book that gives patients a systematic, research-based plan for developing the physical and emotional vitality they need to meet the demands of treatment and recovery.
Based on a profound understanding of how body and mind can work together to defeat disease, this groundbreaking book offers:
• Innovative approaches to conventional treatments, such as “chronotherapy”-chemotherapy timed to patients unique circadian rhythms for enhanced effectiveness and reduced toxicity
• Dietary choices that make the biochemical environment hostile to cancer growth and recurrence, and strengthen the immune systems ability to attack remaining cancer cells
• Precise supplement protocols to tame treatment side effects, relieve disease-related symptoms, and modify processes like inflammation and glycemia that can fuel cancer if left untreated
• A new paradigm for exercise and stress reduction that restores your strength, reduces anxiety and depression, and supports the bodys own ability to heal
• A complete program for remission maintenance-a proactive plan to make sure the cancer never returns
Also included are “quick-start” maps to help you find the information you need right now and many case histories that will support and inspire you. Encouraging, compassionate, and authoritative, Life over Cancer is the guide patients everywhere have been waiting for.
This authoritative guide combines the best of conventional medicine with the best scientifically supported complementary therapies, enabling patients and their doctors to create individualized, lifesaving treatment plans.
About the Author
Keith I. Block, M.D. is Director of Integrative Medical Education at the University of Illinois College of Medicine; Medical Director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illinois; and founder and Scientific Director of the nonprofit Institute for Integrative Cancer Research and Education. He is also editor in chief of the peer-reviewed professional journal Integrative Cancer Therapies and a member of the National Cancer Institutes Physician Data Query Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Editorial Board.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Cancer
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General Medicine