- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Taylor's Guides to Gardening series:
Taylor's Guide To Trees : the Definitive, Easy-to-use Guide To 200 of the Garden's Most Important Plants (88 Edition)by Taylor
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Trees are the most important, most expensive, and ideally the most permanent plants in a home landscape. Because planting the wrong tree in the wrong place can create serious problems, selecting the right tree is the most important choice a gardener can make. This definitive, handy reference for gardeners, homeowners, and horticultural professionals features
* 200 genera and 350 species of shade trees, ornamentals, and conifers, both deciduous and evergreen
* The best selections for spring bloom, fall color, showy fruit, ornamental bark, and disease resistance
* Trees that will thrive in the hottest and coldest regions of North America
* Full-color identification photos to take with you to the nursery
* Illustrated instructions on proper pruning, planting, and growing techniques.
The definitive easy-to-use guide to 200 of the garden's most important plantswith the best ones to use for spring blooms, fall color, showy fruit, diseaseresistance and more. 200 color photos.
About the Author
Susan A. Roth, a garden writer and photographer, is the author of many books and articles. She lives in Stony Brook, New York.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like