- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Reading Rainbow Books series:
Borreguita and the Coyote (Reading Rainbow)by Petra Mathers
Synopses & Reviews
What's a little lamb to do about a fierce coyote that wants to eat her? Why, trick him, of course...and and trick him again...and trick him one more time! Here's a lively retelling of a Mexican folk tale by master story teller Verna Aardema, illustrated in bold, winning colors by Petra Mathers.
Dragonfly Books "RM" are affordable paperbacks whose award-winning tales and stunning artwork have had critics and children buzzing for years!
About the Author
* Verna Aardema grew up in New Era, Michigan as the third in a family of nine children. A cedar swamp in the back of her house served as her inspiration and retreat as a young aspiring writer.
* At Michigan State College, Verna took many writing courses, but none that were aimed at writing for children. She didn't think about the children's book field until many years later, when she had to make up stories to get her baby daughter to eat.
* Verna writes mostly African folktales because of her fascination with that infinitely diverse continent. Out of its jungles, deserts, and great plains have come some of the most unusual and charming folktales in the world.
* As of today, Verna has published over 25 books and is still working on more. Her books have been translated into French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese and Afrikaans.
* Verna lives in North Fort Myers, Florida, with her husband, Albert.
From the Hardcover edition.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like