- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Compact Disc
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Positivity: Groundbreaking Research Reveals How to Embrace the Hidden Strength of Positive Emotions, Overcome Negativity, and Thriby Barbara L. Fredrickson
Synopses & Reviews
World renowned researcher Dr. Barbara Fredrickson gives you the lab-tested tools necessary to create a healthier, more
vibrant, and flourishing life through a process she calls "the upward spiral." Youll discover:
•What positivity is, and why it needs to be heartfelt to be effective
• The ten sometimes surprising forms of positivity
• Why positivity is more important than happiness
• How positivity can enhance relationships, work, and health, and how it relieves depression, broadens minds, and builds lives
• The top-notch research that backs the 3-to-1 "positivity ratio" as a key tipping point
• That your own sources of positivity are unique and how to tap into them
• How to calculate your current positivity ratio, track it, and improve it
With Positivity, youll learn to see new possibilities, bounce back from setbacks, connect with others, and become the best version of yourself.
From the Hardcover edition.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Fredrickson has researched the effects of positive emotions on health. In "Positivity," she shares her discoveries and lab-tested wisdom, showing how to create a healthier, richer, more flourishing life through a process she calls the upward spiral.
About the Author
Barbara L. Fredrickson, PH.D, is Kenan Distinguished Professor of Psychology and principal investigator of the Positive Emotion and Psychophysiology Laboratory at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is a leading scholar within social psychology, affective science, and positive psychology.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like