- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Falcon Guides Where to Hike series:
Hiking Indiana: A Guide to the State's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Where to Hike)by Phil Bloom
Synopses & Reviews
State Hiking Series
Each guide includes:
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Accurate directions to popular as well as less-traveled trails
- Up-to-date trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
- Detailed trail maps and GPS coordinates
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for each hike
- Trail Finder for best hikes with dogs, children, great views, or wildlife viewing
- Information on fees and permits, contacts, events and attractions, restaurants and accommodations, canine compatibility, and more
- Zero-impact and wilderness safety tips and techniques
This second edition of Hiking Indiana adds several new trails to the choice selection in this guide. It points readers to the often-overlooked trove of natural treasures across the Hoosier State, from the living sand dunes on the shores of Lake Michigan to the glacial lakes of the northeast to the rugged topography of the southern hill country.
Written by award-winning outdoor editor and author Phil Bloom, this guide includes more than 70 hikes, ranging from easy afternoon jaunts to multi-day backpack trips.
Lace up your boots and sample more than seventy of the finest trails the Hoosier State has to offer. Enjoy the richly diverse offerings throughout the state, from Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on Lake Michigan to the rolling hills of Brown County State Park, from the banks of the Wabash River to the Charles C. Deam Wilderness in Hoosier National Forest. This new and updated edition of Hiking Indiana includes several new trails, pointing the way to the states often-overlooked trove of natural treasures.
For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
Look inside to find:
• Hikes suited to every ability—from thirty-minute outings to overnight adventures
• Accurate directions to popular as well as less-traveled trails
• Detailed trail maps
• Up-to-date trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
• Difficulty ratings and average hiking times for each hike
• Information on fees, permits, contacts, and more
About the Author
Phil Bloom is a lifelong resident of Indiana. He joined the Indiana Department of Natural Resources as communications director in 2007 after a decades-long newspaper career, much of this as an award-winning outdoors editor at the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette. He is also the former president of the Outdoor Writers Association of America.
What Our Readers Are Saying