- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Cliffs AP series:
Cliffsap Statisticsby David A. Kay
Synopses & Reviews
Your complete guide to a higher score on the *AP Statistics exam
Why CliffsTestPrep Guides?
Go with the name you know and trust
Get the information you need--fast!
Written by test prep specialists
About the contents:
Part I: Introduction
* Exam content and format outlines
* Calculators policy
* Tips on answering free-response questions
* AP exam grades and what they mean
Part II: Subject Area Reviews
* Interpreting graphical displays
* Collecting, exploring, comparing, and summarizing data
* Planning and conducting surveys and experiments
* Anticipating patterns
* Understanding statistical inference
* Subject area review questions with full answer explanations
Part III: AP Statistics Practice Tests
* 7 full-length practice tests with full answer explanations
* Glossary of statistics terms
* Statistics formulas
* Comparison of graphical displays
* Summary of inference methods
About the Author
David A. Kay is Chair of the Department of Mathematics at Moorpark College where he has primarily taught statistics since 1981.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
PART II: SUBJECT AREA REVIEWS WITH SAMPLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
Exploring Data: Interpreting Graphical Displays of Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Summarizing Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Comparing Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Exploring Bivariate Data.
Exploring Data: Exploring Categorical Data—Frequency Tables.
Sampling and Experimentation: Overview of Methods of Data Collection.
Sampling and Experimentation: Planning and Conducting Surveys.
Sampling and Experimentation: Planning and Conducting Experiments.
Anticipating Patterns: Probability as Relative Frequency.
Anticipating Patterns: Combining Independent Random Variables.
Anticipating Patterns: The Normal Distribution.
Anticipating Patterns: Sampling Distributions.
Statistical Inference: Confidence Intervals.
Statistical Inference: Tests of Significance.
Statistical Inference: Special Case of Normally Distributed Data.
PART III: AP STATISTICS PRACTICE TESTS.
Practice Test 1.
Practice Test 2.
Practice Test 3.
Practice Test 4.
Practice Test 5.
Practice Test 6.
Practice Test 7.
What Our Readers Are Saying