- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Before Happiness: The 5 Hidden Keys to Achieving Success, Spreading Happiness, and Sustaining Positive Changeby Shawn Achor
Synopses & Reviews
Why are some people able to make positive change while others remain the same?
In his international bestseller, The Happiness Advantage, Harvard trained researcher Shawn Achor described why happiness is the precursor to greater success. This book is about what comes before both. Because before we can be happy or successful, we need to first develop the ability to see that positive change is possible. Only once we learn to see the world through a more positive lens can we summon all our motivation, emotion, and intelligence to achieve our personal and professional goals.
In Before Happiness, Achor reveals five actionable, proven strategies for changing our lens to positive:
· The Most Valuable Reality: See a broader range of ideas and solutions by changing the details on which your brain chooses to focus
· Success Mapping: Set goals oriented around the things in life that matter to you most, whether career advancement or family or making a difference in the world
· The X-spot: Use success accelerants to propel you more quickly towards those goals, whether finishing a marathon, reaching a sales target, learning a language, or losing 10 pounds
· Noise-Canceling: Boost the signal pointing you to opportunities and possibilities that others miss
· Positive Inception: Transfer these skills to your team, your employees, and everyone around you
By mastering these strategies, you’ll create an renewable source of positivity, motivation, and engagement that will allow you to reach your fullest potential in everything you do.
About the Author
SHAWN ACHOR is the author of the international bestseller, The Happiness Advantage lectured or researched in 50 countries in the past five years. His TED talk on happiness is one of the most popular ever with over 4 million views, and his PBS show has been seen by millions. His research made the cover of Harvard Business Review, and he has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fast Company, CNN and NPR. Shawn teaches for the Advanced Management Program at Wharton Business School, and collaborates on research at Yale University."
Shawn spent over a decade at Harvard University where he served as Head Teaching Fellow for “Positive Psychology,” which eclipsed “Intro Economics” as the most popular course at Harvard. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard and earned a Masters in Christian and Buddhist ethics. And in 2007, Shawn founded Good Think to share his research with the world. Subsequently, Shawn has lectured or researched in 51 countries, speaking to CEOs in China, school children in South Africa, doctors in Dubai, and farmers in Zimbabwe.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like