- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Mastering series:
Mastering Access 2000 Premium Edition with CDROM (Mastering)
Synopses & Reviews
Master the Power of Access 2000--Including Its Most Advanced Features
This specially expanded edition of Mastering Access is the most complete Access book available anywhere. Written by two Access experts, Mastering Access 2000 Premium Edition teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of this powerful business tool. Inside, you'll find in-depth coverage of Web publishing, subdatasheet views, macro development, improved SQL Server integration, and scores of other features that will improve your productivity at home and in the office-wherever and however you use Access.
Become an Access 2000 master:
About the Author
Alan Simpson is a software consultant, best-selling author, and teacher who has been active in the computer industry for over two decades. His books include dozens of popularly, critically, and technically acclaimed titles.
Celeste Robinson has worked as a systems engineer, small business consultant, technical trainer, and database developer in a computing career that spans more than twenty years.
Simpson and Robinson worked together on Mastering Access 97, Mastering Paradox 7, and Mastering WordPerfect Office 2000, all from Sybex.
Table of Contents
PART I: AN OVERVIEW OF ACCESS.
1. Getting Started and Getting Around.
2. Understanding Databases.
3. Access in an Evening.
4. About Access, Office, Windows, and the Internet.
PART II: CREATING A DATABASE.
5. Creating a Database.
6. Creating Access Tables.
7. Linking, Importing, and Exporting Data.
8. Adding, Editing, and Viewing Data.
9. Sorting, Searching, Filtering, and Printing.
10. Querying Your Tables.
11. Creating Forms with Form Wizards.
12. Creating Reports with Report Wizards.
13. Creating Custom Forms and Reports.
14. Creating Data Access Pages.
15. Creating Charts and PivotTables.
PART III: DATABASE AND TUNING AND ADMINISTRATION.
16. Personalizing Access.
17. Speeding Up Your Database.
18. Administering Your Database.
19. Networking and Security.
PART IV: BUILDING A CUSTOM APPLICATION.
20. Creating a Custom Application.
21. Using Macros to Create Custom Actions.
22. Creating Custom Switchboards.
23. Creating Custom Dialog Boxes.
24. Creating Custom Toolbars.
25. Creating Custom Menus.
PART V: REFINING A CUSTOM APPLICATION.
26. Introducing Visual Basic.
27. Creating Custom Error Messages.
28. Interacting with Other Programs.
29. Pulling It All Together.
30. Working with Projects.
PART VI: MACRO PROGRAMMING.
31. Macro Basics.
32. Dealing with Errors in Macros.
33. Navigation with Macros.
34. Data Maintenance with Macros.
35. Working with Groups of Records Using Macros.
PART VII: APPENDICES.
A. Installing Microsoft Access.
B. About the CD-ROM.
C. Installing and Using Fulfill 2000.
What Our Readers Are Saying