- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the New Directions for Adult & Continuing Education series:
New Directions for Adult & Continuing Education #79: The Power and Potential of Collaborative Learning Partnerships: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Educationby Iris M. Saltiel
Synopses & Reviews
This volume draws on powerful examples of a range of collaborative partnerships to explore the many ways collaboration can generate learning and knowledge. Using a range of theoretical frameworks, the contributors identify the factors that make for strong collaborative relationships, and they reveal how these partnerships actually help learners generate knowledge and insights that goes well beyond
what each brings to the learning situation. They examine such questions as: How do partners find each other and initiate work? How do partnerships change over time? What role patterns emerge among partners and how do these influence learning? What problems emerge and what strategies are used to address them? This is the 79th issue of the quarterly journal New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education. For more information on the series, please see the Journals and Periodicals section.
About the Author
IRIS M. SALTIEL works in a corporate university at Synovus Service Corp., Columbus, Georgia. ANGELA SGROI is executive assistant to the vice president for academic affairs at The College of New Jersey, working primarily to support faculty research and teaching. RALPH G. BROCKETT is professor of adult education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and former editor-in-chief of New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education.
Table of Contents
1. Defining Collaborative Partnerships (Iris M. Saltiel).
2. Adult Students as Partners in Formal Study (Iris M. Saltiel).
3. Teaching-Learning Partnerships in the Arts (Angela Sgroi).
4. Silent Partner: The Power Behind the Throne (Phillip H. Owenby).
5. From Mentor to Partner: Lessons from a Personal Journey (Roger Hiemstra & Ralph G. Brockett).
6. Cohort Partnerships: A Pragmatic Approach to Doctoral Research (James E. Witte & Waynne B. James).
7. Women's Experience of Academic Collaboration (M. Caroyln Clark & Denise B. Watson).
8. Collaborative Partnerships: People Laboring Together to Construct Knowledge (John M. Peters & Joseph L. Armstrong).
9. Human Connections (Angela Sgroi & Iris M. Saltiel).
What Our Readers Are Saying