- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the MAXnotes series:
Dickens Dictionary (MAXnotes) - Study Notesby Alexander J. Philip
Synopses & Reviews
REAs MAXnotes is an insightful series of literature study guides covering over 80 of the most popular literary works. MAXnotes study guides are student friendly and provide all the essentials needed to prepare students for homework, discussions, reports, and exams. Our MAXnotes Dickens Dictionary study guide is a helpful key to the characters and places in the books of Charles Dickens. It also includes synopses of various Dickens works. Each entry is presented in alphabetical order with the descriptive passage beneath the entry taken from its respective novel or work. The description of the location of the character or place follows in smaller type. The Dickens Dictionary MAXnotes study guide is a handy resource when preparing for exams or doing homework, and it makes a great companion to the original literary works.
MAXnotes. . .
- offer a fresh look at masterpieces of literature
- present material in an interesting, lively fashion
- are written by literary experts who currently teach the subjects
- are designed to stimulate independent thinking by raising various issues and thought-provoking ideas and questions
- enhance understanding and enjoyment of the work
- cover what one must know about each work
- include an overall summary, character lists, explanation and discussion of the plot, the work's historical context, biography of the author
- each chapter is individually summarized and analyzed and includes study questions and answers
- feature illustrations conveying the period and mood of the work
Each MAXnotes measures 5 1/4 x 8 1/4 (13.3 cm x 21 cm).
REA's MAXnotes Dickens Dictionary
The MAXNotes Dickens Dictionary is your key to the places and characters in the books of Charles Dickens. This text includes synopses of each of Dickens's works, both major and minor, along with dictionary style entries referring to the body of work as a whole.
A must for any student of Dickens.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Reference » Student Guides
Reference » Study Notes