- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Jossey-Bass US Non-Franchise Leadership series:
The Change Leader: Using a Gestalt Approach with Work Groupsby H. B. Karp
Synopses & Reviews
A how-to micro-approach to implementing change
For the first time, here is a practical, basic guide to leading individuals and groups through change, from a Gestalt perspective. Step-by-step, this reference guide shows you how to lead change efforts and implement them with maximum results.
Taking a micro-approach to change, this unique resource is presented in workbook form to teach you:
* The roles that power and self-interest play in the change process
* What power really is and how it works
* Aspects of, assumptions about, and steps in the change process
* The role of the change leader and styles of change leadership
* How to frame and present the demand for change
* How to develop a change contract with the group
* How to explore the change and obtain commitment to it
* What resistance really is and how to work with it
* How to negotiate aspects of the change
* What situational exclusion is and when to use it
* How to conduct the change meeting and implement the change
Packed with action steps, examples, and activities for the change leader and the group, The Change Leader is a necessary reference for every manager, trainer, and consultant called on to effect change and organizational improvement.
Packed with action steps, examples, and activities for the change leader and the group, "The Change Leader" is a necessary reference for every manager, trainer, and consultant called on to effect change and organizational improvement.
A unique reference presented in workbook form, The Change Leader shows how to lead change efforts and implement them with maximum results. Readers will explore the role self-interest plays in the change process. They'll discover what power really is and how it works. And they'll review the many styles of successful change leadership. Moreover, The book's practical, hands-on lessons will teach readers how to frame and present the need for change, how to overcome resistance, and how specifically to go about putting plans into practice. Packed with action steps, examples and activities, it's a comprehensive reference every change agent will value.
Table of Contents
Power and Self-Interest: The Driving Forces Behind Change.
The Dynamics of Change.
The Change Contract.
Techniques for Obtaining Commitment.
Working With Resistance.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Business » General