- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Governance and Public Management series:
Organizational Innovation in Public Services: Forms and Governance (Governance and Public Management)by Pekka (edt) Valkama
Synopses & Reviews
Reforming public services has become an integral part of instituting austerity measures as governments around the world struggle to balance the books in the wake of the financial crisis. Vital public services and government departments have been given the seemingly impossible task of delivering better services to the public while receiving less funding. This excellent and highly original collection brings together contributors from across the globe to explore and analyse innovational methods aimed at helping overburdened and under-funded public services cope with the demands of austerity and continue to deliver high quality services to the public. In the process this book develops new theoretical models and analyses case studies to provide an important and timely insight into how to reform public services across the globe.
About the Author
Pekka Valkama is Research Director in the School of Management at the University of Tampere, Finland and Adjunct Professor in the Turku School of Economics at the University of Turku, Finland. He was also an expert member of the Finnish Market Court from 2003 until 2010.
Stephen J. Bailey has undertaken public finance work for UK government departments, international organisations (OECD, Council of Europe, UN), professional bodies (CIPFA), trades unions (UNISON) and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. His other Palgrave titles are Innovations in Financing Public Services, Strategic Public Finance, Public Sector Economics and Local Government Economics.
Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko is an Adjunct Professor at the School of Management, University of Tampere, Finland. Anttiroiko's research areas include local governance, e-government, public sector innovations, and high-tech centre studies. He is a co-editor of Innovations in Public Governance (2011) and several other globally distributed books. He has memberships in editorial boards of several international journals.
Table of Contents
List of Tables, Figures and Boxes
Notes on Contributors
1. Contexts and Challenges of Organisational Innovation in Public Services
2. Supporting Organisational Innovation in the Public Sector: Creative Councils in England
3. Analysis Organisational Innovation in Public Services: Conceptual and Theoretical Issues
4. Agentifcation Processes and Agency Governance: Organisational Innovation at a Global Scale?
5. Corporatisation as Organisational Innovation
6. Mutulatisation and Public Services
7. Organisational Innovation in Public Procurement in Scotland: The Scottish Futures Trust (SFT)
8. Outsourcing Public Services: Process Innovation in Dutch Municipalities
9. Governance of Public Service Companies: Australian Cases and Examples
10. Governance of Social Enterprises as Producers of Public Services
11. Championing and Governing UK Public Service Mutuals
12. Improving Governance Arrangements for Academic Entrepreneurships
13. Governance and Accountability of Joint Ventures: A Swedish Case Study
14. Contractual Governance: A Social Learning Perspective
15. Lessons for the Governance of Organisational Innovations
What Our Readers Are Saying