- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the Europe in Transition: The NYU European Studies series:
The Europeanization of European Politics: From Zapatero to Rajoy (Europe in Transition: The NYU European Studies)by Charlotte Bretherton
Synopses & Reviews
This book presents a comparative perspective to the study of European politics, focusing on the unique and transformative effect of European Union on the politics of its member states - in effect, the Europeanization of European politics. For no other world region is there a similar intensity of Treaty and other obligations on a set of neighboring states, nor a comparable depth of of supranational governance. The concept of Europeanism as an evaluative theme is used to explore this unique, sui generis, region, its states, and its political transformation in the 21st century.
About the Author
Charlotte Bretherton is a senior lecturer in International Politics and European Studies at Liverpool John Moores University, UK.
Michael L. Mannin is the Jean Monnet Chair in European Studies at University of Portsmouth, UK.
Table of Contents
1. Europeanization and European Politics; Michael Mannin
PART II: COUNTRY STUDIES
2. Germany: The EU and a Transforming Political Arena; Patricia Daenhardt
3. Finland: Towards a More Cautious Europeanization?; Juha Jokela
4. France: Europeanization of the Fifth Republic - Past, Present and Future; Helen Drake
5. Poland: Europeanization at the Parliamentary Level; Dominika Kasprowicz and Natasza Stycynska
6. Britain: Europeanization and the Battle with History; Michael Mannin
7. Greece: Europeanization and Greek Politics - A Critical Assessment; Kostas Geminis and Zoe Lefkofridi
PART III: POLICY STUDIES
8. Europeanization and Immigration Policy; Gallya Lahav and Adam Luedtke
9. Europeanization of Health Policy: The Role of EU Institutions; Karen Heard-Lauréote
10.Energy and Climate Change; John Vogler
11. Common Foreign and Security Policy; Karolina Pomorska and Nicholas Wright
12.Development Policy; Charlotte Bretherton
13.The EU and its Eastern Neighbours - the Limits of Europeanization; Paul Flenley
14.'Euro 1.0': Europeanization Manqué?; Paul McVeigh
15.Conclusion: Evaluating the Europeanization Effect; Michael Mannin
What Our Readers Are Saying