- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Palgrave Pivot series:
Competitive Dynamics in the Mobile Phone Industryby Claudio Giachetti
Synopses & Reviews
The intersection between the competitive dynamics literature and the literature on technology and innovation management is an important area of research. Previous literature has focused on understanding the different types of innovations and how firms use these to improve their product performance. However, we are still way off from a comprehensive understanding of the competitive dynamics triggered by such decisions. This book offers various insights into the competitive dynamics of technology intensive industries, using the mobile phone industry as a reference setting of analysis. In particular, it explores which kind of competitive moves and countermoves have been taken by mobile phone vendors such as Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Apple, as well as emerging rivals from developing countries, to defend their competitive position over the industry life cycle, and which factors have driven these actions. The book is divided into two parts. The first part offers a general perspective on the competitive dynamics literature. The second part consists of chapters on more specific issues related to the dynamics of competitive strategy in technology intensive industries, and in the mobile phone industry in particular.
About the Author
Dr Claudio Giachetti is Assistant Professor of Strategy at Ca' Foscari University of Venice (Italy), Department of Management. His research interests include competitive dynamics, corporate strategy, competitive analysis and product innovation. Claudio's research work has been published in various journals, including Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Organization, Journal of Operations Management, Technovation, and Business History, among others.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
PART 1: COMPETITIVE DYNAMICS
1. Competitive dynamics research
PART 2: COMPATITIVE DYNAMICS IN THE MOBILE PHONE INDUSTRY
2. Changes in industrial leadership over the life cycle of technology intensive industries: the role of technological discontinuities and firms' action aggressiveness
3. Competitive intensity and product line strategies in technology-based industries
4. Time to competitors' new technology imitation: Who is copied more quickly?
5. Lining up with competitors: Influence of multiple benchmarks on the adoption of new product technologies
6. Concluding remarks and new direction for competitive dynamics research in technology-based industries.
What Our Readers Are Saying