- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This title in other editions
Fodor's Costa Rica (Fodor's Costa Rica)by Fodors
Synopses & Reviews
Costa Rica has become one of the most popular destinations for travelers seeking natural beauty, outdoor adventure and sun. Its no wonder. Little Costa Rica is endowed with a mosaic of natural landscapes that are packed with an amazing array of flora and fauna. This is also one of the easiest places in the world to experience the beauty and complexity of tropical nature.
Now in full color, Fodors Costa Rica 2010 shows off the splendor of Costa Rica like no other guidebook. Features include:
• More than 200 color photos to inspire you
• An all-new, illustrated “Experience Costa Rica” chapter loaded with valuable advice, including tips on choosing an eco-lodge and planning a destination marriage or honeymoon
• A brand-new, illustrated “Biodiversity” chapter to guide you through the countrys varied landscapes and help plan your vacation based on particular activities or topography
• New magazine-style illustrated features highlight quintessential Costa Rica: surfing the Salsa Brava, sport-fishing off the Pacific coast, canopy tours in the cloud forests, turtle-nesting tours in Tortuguero, and bird-watching in the rare tropical dry forests of Guanacaste
• Interactive full-color maps and planning pages help you easily get your bearings and plan the trip of a lifetime
Fodors. For Choice Travel Experiences.
Fully updated for 2011, this Gold Guide edition features full-color photos along with a handy pullout map that offers visitors the most comprehensive information about what to see and do in Costa Rica.
• Full-color guide • Make your trip to Costa Rica unforgettable with 54 maps, illustrated features, and over 250 color photos.
Customize your trip with simple planning tools • Convenient overview of each region and its highlights • Practical advice for getting around • Easy-to-read color regional maps
• Explore Manuel Antonio National Park, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Tortuguero National Park, and beyond • Discerning Fodor’s Choice picks for hotels, restaurants, sights, and more • “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow Fodor’s travelers • Illustrated features on snorkeling and diving, canopy tours, and best beaches • Best surfing, birdwatching, and game fishing
• Opinions from destination experts • Fodor’s Costa Rica–based writers reveal their favorite local haunts • Revised annually to provide the latest information
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like