- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
This title in other editions
Fodor's France with Map (Fodor's France)by Fodor's
Synopses & Reviews
'\'Sip Bordeaux at a vineyard, bike around Brittany, ponder over centuries of history and art at Paris\\\' museums, soak up the scenery that inspired Monet and Matisse, or see the grand Gothic churches and cathedrals that reveal much of France\\\'s history and culture –Fodor\\\'s France 2007 offers all these experiences and more! Our local writers have traveled throughout the country to find the best hotels, restaurants, attractions and activities to prepare you for a journey of stunning variety. Before you leave for your trip be sure to pack your Fodor\\\'s guide to ensure you don\\\'t miss a thing.
The San Francisco Chronicle sums it up best –"Fodor\\\'s guides are saturated with information."
- We frequently update our France guide, and we make every effort to bring you the most accurate and thorough book. Plus we provide timely updates about the area at Fodors.com.
- Unlike other travel books, Fodor\\\'s guides rely heavily on local experts who know the territory best–so you know you\\\'re seeing the real France.
- Book includes a full-color, pullout map of Paris.
- We give you the planning tools you need to tailor your trip. We give options for all budgets. You make the choices.\''
Few travelers can resist visiting France---the epitome of picture-book Europe---where enticing attractions range from Loire Valley châteaus and beautiful Provençal villages to lace-curtained Burgundy bistros and Pariss Louvre. Over 2.5 million Americans visited France in 2005, up 6% from 2004, indicating Americans continue to be smitten with the country.
For the first time, Fodors France 2008 offers travelers a host of user-friendly features, including:
• New, magazine-style illustrated features that provide the lowdown on many French attractions, including “Gilt Trip: A Tour of Versailles”; “Lyon: Frances Culinary Cauldron ”; and “Champagne Uncorked.”
• Listings for many towns and villages now include essential sections on bus and train schedules.
• Chapter-opener pages feature annotated maps and “Planner Pages,” with in-the-know tips from experts on how travelers can make the most of their time.
• Two brand-new chapters put the spotlight on a pair of Frances most irresistible destinations: the Dordogne region and the Bordeaux wine country.
• 8-page color insert.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like