- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Smart Guide series:
Cabinets & Countertops Step by Step (Smart Guide)by Creative Homeowner
Synopses & Reviews
The popular series from Creative Homeowner, the lifestyle publisher for home and garden, gives readers detailed and highly focused information about a single subject in a single volume. These books are specifically designed for homeowners who are trying to jump-start their weekend project without spending a lot of money. The Smart Guide® series offers a wealth of information at a low price.
Each 80- to 112-page Smart Guide® is a detailed, information-packed step-by-step manual on a specific area of home repair and improvement, whether it's Wiring, Plumbing, Basements, Ceramic Tile, Decks, Ponds and Fountains, Trim, and so on. Every book is chock full of colorful step-by-step illustrations or phootgraphs and numerous inspiration photographs, along with complete how-to information presented in easy-to-follow steps and lively text.
- Scores of clear, detailed, full-color illustrations and/or photographs
- Numerous color "inspiration" photographs
- Gives readers the tools to add value to their home while saving money, effort, and time
- Essential information in a concise, economical package
- Home-improvement and do-it-yourself instruction in an easy-to-follow step-by-step format
- Written with the handy homeowner in mind
Smart Guide: Cabinets and Countertops is a concise guide to selecting and installing kitchen and bathroom cabinets and countertops. The book also contains information on combining cabinetry and countertops with appliances and plumbing fixtures. For woodworkers, there is a section on building cabinets from scratch.
Smart Guide: Cabinets and Countertops is a concise guide to selecting and installing kitchen and bathroom cabinets and countertops. The book includes descriptions of the types of products available and easy-to-follow step-by-step projects that detail the installation of wall and base cabinets, vanities, medicine cabinets, and laminate and ceramic tile countertops. Projects that show how to increase the storage capacity of cabinets and vanities are also included. And because cabinetry is part of an overall design, readers will find guides for combining cabinets and countertops with appliances and plumbing fixtures, including ventilation systems, cooktops, sinks, dishwashers, and water filtration systems. There is also a section on building kitchen and bathroom cabinets from scratch.
This SmartGuide® shows you the right way to install—and in some cases build—kitchen and bathroom cabinets and countertops.
• Over 300 color photographs and illustrations
• Guides to improving storage areas and work surfaces
• Clear, concise step-by-step installation instructions
• Tips that save time, effort, and money
• Essential information on buying cabinets and refacing existing cabinets, plus cabinet projects you can build
Table of Contents
2. Types of Cabinets
3. Installing Kitchen Cabinets
4. Installing Countertops
6. Installing Bathroom Cabinets
7. Building Cabinets
What Our Readers Are Saying
Engineering » Home Construction » Carpentry
Engineering » Home Construction » Storage and Cabinets
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Woodworking