- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Other titles in the Your Happy Healthy Pet Guides series:
Bernese Mountain Dog: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet (Owner's Guides to a Happy, Healthy Pet)by Julia Crawford
Synopses & Reviews
At last, a book about your pet that emphasizes total care, training, and companionship! You'll not only learn about the species-specific traits of your special pet, you'll also learn what the world is like from your pet's perspective; how to feed, groom, and keep your pet healthy; and how to enjoy your pet through training and activities you can do together. A breed expert has written The Bernese Mountain Dog. It includes a chapter by Dr. Ian Dunbar, internationally renowned animal behaviorist, and chapters on getting active with your dog by long-time Dog Fancy magazine columnist Bardi McLennan. Best of all, the book is filled with info-packed sidebars and fun facts to make caring for your pet easy and enjoyable.
Addressed in this guide are all the fundamentals of living with Bernese Mountain Dogs, including how to prepare your home, proper feeding, grooming, health care and training.
Holding fast to his place at #62 in AKC registrations, the Bernese Mountain Dog is a big, beautiful Swiss breed who's admired for this gregariousness and charm.
About the Author
Julia Crawford has written for the AKC Gazette for twenty years. A lifelong dog owner, she has been breeding her furry friends since 1968. She resides in Delmar, Maryland.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Welcome to the World of the Bernese Mountain Dog.
1. What Is a Bernese Mountain Dog?
2. The Bernese Mountain Dog's Ancestry.
3. The World According to the Bernese Mountain Dog.
PART TWO: Living with a Bernese Mountain Dog.
4. Bringing Your Bernese Mountain Dog Home.
5. Feeding Your Bernese Mountain Dog.
6. Grooming Your Bernese Mountain Dog.
7. Keeping Your Bernese Mountain Dog Healthy.
PART THREE: Enjoying Your Dog.
8. Basic Training (Ian Dunbar, Ph.D., MRCVS).
9. Getting Active with Your Dog (Bardi McLennan).
10. Your Dog and Your Family (Bardi McLennan).
11. Your Dog and Your Community (Bardi McLennan).
PART FOUR: Beyond the Basics.
12. Recommended Reading.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like