- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the American Girl Mysteries series:
A Spy on the Home Front: A Molly Mysteryby Alison Hart
Synopses & Reviews
During a two-week stay at Grammy and Granpa's farm in the summer of 1944, Molly spends lots of time with her good friend Anna Schulz, the daughter of German immigrants who live on a neighboring farm. When Aunt Eleanor, now a WASP pilot, stops for a visit while ferrying a warplane from one airbase to another, a security check uncovers anti-American propaganda stashed aboard her plane. The FBI interrogates Eleanor but quickly zeroes in on another suspect--Anna's 17-year-old brother Max, who works at the local airfield. Though Anna knows her brother is loyal to America, she fears he'll be sent away to an interment camp as an enemy alien, as other German-American friends have been. Molly and Anna decide that the only way to clear Max is to find the person who is smuggling propaganda. With lots of daring and a little luck, the girls manage to finger the real culprit but they discover that that may not be enough to save Max. In a poignant ending, Molly realizes that wartime, even on the home front, changes friends and family forever.
- Features AGC character Molly McIntire in a new story--a suspenseful mystery involving a real-life threat on the American home front in WW Two.
- Mysteries are an ever-popular genre among girls.
- Meets customer demand for new stories about favorite AGC characters.
- Meets customer demand for longer, more challenging AGC novels--story is written at a fourth-grade level and runs about twice as long as earlier AGC books.
- Written by History Mysteries author Alison Hart, a 2000 Edgar Award nominee for Best Children's Mystery.
- Full-color Looking Back
- Paperback version includes a tear-off bookmark on back cover flap.
It's 1944, and Molly McIntire and her friend Anna Schulz, the daughter of German immigrants, discover Anna's brother is suspected of stashing anti-American propaganda aboard a plane. The girls must find the real culprit. Includes a tear-off bookmark on the back cover. Illustrations. Consumable.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Children's » General