- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Popular Mechanics series:
Shed Nation: Design, Build & Customize the Perfect Shed for Your Yard (Popular Mechanics)by Dan Eckstein
Synopses & Reviews
Become a citizen of Shed Nation!
With hardworking advice from Popular Mechanics on designing, building, and customizing a shed for any yard, this is the ultimate inspirational handbook for every homeowner.
There are innovative plans for building several sheds, each with a different practical use, as well as contributions from Popular Mechanics readers who share their own designs.
The sheds include:
- Small Is Beautiful: A 6 x 8 shed with solid framing, plywood sheathing, and cedar siding. Its big enough to hold a variety of tools, but wont dominate the backyard.
- The Groundskeeper: This 9 x 13 shed with a spacious layout and a crisp, no-frills design is ideal for the beginning DIYer.
- The Big Red Shed: This handsome shed is a multi-purposers dream; a 10 x 12 tool shed combined with an 8 x 10 open bay thats great for firewood or tractors.
- Classic Colonial: A stylish, multipurpose garden shed with decorative trim and architectural accents. Includes a 12 x 12 general storage space, 4 x 12 potting area, and a small loft for seasonal storage.
- The Greenhouse: Complete instructions on purchasing a kit greenhouse in a variety of sizes (7 x 9, 8 x 16, or larger) allows for a big-league growing season.
For additional motivation, beautiful photographs present a wide variety of sheds, from tree houses to eco-friendly buildings
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Photography » Technique