- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Popular Mechanics series:
When Changing a Lightbulb Just Isn't Enough (Popular Mechanics)
Synopses & Reviews
There are many environmental reasons to go greenand#151;but did you know that eco-friendly choices are often financially smart choices, too? These Popular Mechanicsand#150;approved strategies offer double the value, conserving both money and natural resources at the same time. Best of all, youand#8217;ll get many simple solutions for common problems to implement in your own home. So if thinking globally seems too daunting, think locallyand#151;because even small changes can really add up.
Want to lower your carbon footprintand#133;and your bills? Popular Mechanics can help!
- Find out how to reduce energy use, from insulating and greening the materials you use in and around the house to selecting the right appliances
- Save water on your lawn care (and save on water bills)
- Retrofit your car to lower harmful emissionsand#151;and get better gas mileage
- Renovate your home with recycled or eco-friendly materials
- Learn basic DIY tasks that curtail waste and lessen wear and tear
- Canand#8217;t cover the initial costs of big home-improvement projectsand#151;even if it will save in the long run? See why a and#147;green mortgageand#8221; might be the answer
Plus: quick fixes and weekend projects!and#160;
These "Popular Mechanics"-approved strategies for going green offer double the value, conserving both money and natural resources at the same time.
What Our Readers Are Saying