- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the Popular Mechanics series:
When Changing a Lightbulb Just Isn't Enough (Popular Mechanics)by Emily Anderson
Synopses & Reviews
There are many environmental reasons to go green—but did you know that eco-friendly choices are often financially smart choices, too? These Popular Mechanicsapproved strategies offer double the value, conserving both money and natural resources at the same time. Best of all, youll get many simple solutions for common problems to implement in your own home. So if thinking globally seems too daunting, think locally—because even small changes can really add up.
Want to lower your carbon footprint and your bills? Popular Mechanics can help!
- Find out how to reduce energy use, from insulating and greening the materials you use in and around the house to selecting the right appliances
- Save water on your lawn care (and save on water bills)
- Retrofit your car to lower harmful emissions—and get better gas mileage
- Renovate your home with recycled or eco-friendly materials
- Learn basic DIY tasks that curtail waste and lessen wear and tear
- Cant cover the initial costs of big home-improvement projects—even if it will save in the long run? See why a green mortgage” might be the answer
Plus: quick fixes and weekend projects!
These "Popular Mechanics"-approved strategies for going green offer double the value, conserving both money and natural resources at the same time.
What Our Readers Are Saying