- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the Guilford Family Therapy series:
Doing Family Therapy, Second Edition: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice (Guilford Family Therapy)by Robert Taibbi
Synopses & Reviews
This popular text helps students and clinicians build essential skills common to all family interventions. The entire process of systemic therapy is richly illustrated with chapter-length case examples. Rather than advocating one best approach, the author shows that there are multiple ways of working, and provides reflection questions and exercises that encourage readers to develop their own clinical style.
About the Author
Robert Taibbi, LCSW, is currently in private practice in Charlottesville, Virginia. He has 35 years experience, primarily in community mental health, as a clinician, supervisor, and clinical director. He is the author of several books and book chapters and over 150 magazine and journal articles. He has served as teen advice columnist for Current Health and as a contributing editor to Your Health and Fitness, and has received two national writing awards for Best Consumer Health Writing from the Health Information Resource Center. Mr. Taibbi provides training nationally on couple and family therapy, treatment of emotionally disturbed children and adolescents, and clinical supervision.
Table of Contents
1. Family Therapy: Welcome to Oz
2. Of Theory, Philosophy, and Courage
3. Family Therapy: The Basics
4. The Basic Seven
5. In the Beginning: Great Expectations
6. Great Beginnings II
7. The Middle Stage: Are We There Yet?
8. Endings: Enough Already?
9. Billy's Got a Problem: Kids in the Family
10. Billy: The Story Continues
11. "See How She Treats Me!": The Parent-Adolescent Struggle
12. The Parent-Adolescent Struggle II
13. Getting to the Core: Couple Work in Family Therapy
14. Couple Repair
15. The Power of One: Individual Work in a Family Context
16. Staying Sane: Survival Tips for Therapists
17. The Lessons of Therapy
What Our Readers Are Saying