- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Other titles in the World Almanac & Book of Facts series:
World Almanac and Book of Facts 2009 (World Almanac & Book of Facts)by C Alan Joyce
Synopses & Reviews
New for 2009The World Almanac and Book of Facts includes the most comprehensive 2008 U.S. election results, tallied through November 7th, and World Series statistics. Every family needs this New York Times best-selling reference book.
The World Almanac is the #1 best-selling American reference book of all time. It is the source for essential and authoritative facts for entertainment, reference and learning. The book contains thousands of facts and statistics that arent publicly available which are sourced and double-checked by the staff of World Almanac experts.
The 2008 Edition spent 12 weeks on the NYT Bestseller list reaching #2; 10 weeks on the USA Today Bestseller List reaching #51; and 9 weeks on the Book Sense List reaching a high of #11.
Features in The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2009:
· The World at a Glance: The most fascinating facts of the past year in science, economics, sports, arts and media, and more
· Election 2008 Coverage and Results: Twenty-four pages dedicated to the complete coverage of key issues, pivotal primaries, memorable moments, and election results from the presidential campaign.
· Beijing Olympics Recap: faces, Places and records from the Summer 2008 games.
· World Series: For the first time in 5 years, the World Almanac will contain facts covering the World Series.
· Year in Pictures: 16 page color photo section of the top stories of 2008, as well as 16 pages of world maps and flags and easy-to-use side abs.
· Plus thousands of facts and statistics that arent publicly available; sourced and double-checked by our full-time editorial staff who are reference experts by category
· Downloadable World Almanac Trivia Quiz Night Kit: All that you need to host a quiz night in your local pub, bookstore, or classroom. Our editors provide over 150 questions and answers - all derived from The World Almanac 2009. Have fun, fundraise, or draw a crowd with this turn-key party kit!
World Almanac Online: www.WorldAlmanac.com
2009 will feature the third year of Bonus Content Online, extended reading to the printed edition for the same combined price of $12.99. This year will feature the Election Results from 2008, plus lots more free information available year-round at worldalmanac.com: historical presidential information, health news and features, and early access to WA09 info.
Once online, look for The World Almanac Blog, launched in 2006 and every weekday featuring
· New original entries, including provocative postings such as Unbreakable Sports Records; fascinating scientific and historical trivia; and new links to online tools and archives for almanac fans · This Day in History, Notable Birthdays and unusual anniversaries such as when Nixon met Elvis Presley in the Oval Office (1970)
· More useful links and tags to essential reads
The bestselling American reference book of all time, "The World Almanac and Book of Facts" is "the" source for essential and authoritative information on entertainment, facts, and statistics.
About the Author
C. Alan Joyce is the Editorial Director for World Almanac Books, serving as chief editor for the #1 bestselling The World Almanac and Book of Facts and The World Almanac for Kids. He created the new World Almanac blog in 2006, and continues to oversee its daily publishing schedule. Alan was previously a freelance writer and editor, with years of experience in reference publishingand a lifelong addiction to reference books of all kinds. He is the former Executive Editor of The New York Times Almanac and The New York Times Guide to Essential Knowledge.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like