- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Myanmar Burma series:
Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma)by Robert Reid
Synopses & Reviews
Explore the vast, ancient ruins of Bagan, voyage up myriad waterways by riverboat, relax at a remote teahouse or sample fresh seafood beside white-sand beaches. Let this considered and responsible guide show you the adventure of a lifetime, while at the same time showing you how your travel experience best benefits the local people.
Should You Go? Weigh up the pros and cons of going to Myanmar by reading this special chapter.
Be Inspired - new highlights, itineraries and planning sections to help you plot your path.
Benefit The Locals by choosing private, locally owned hotels and eateries.
Make Your Own Way with detailed maps, including a full-color country map.
Connect With Culture - detailed History and Culture chapters provide insight into Myanmar's rich and complex heritage.
Whether you're looking to temple-hop in Bagan, trek through rice paddies in Hsipaw, explore Inle Lake by canoe or relax on Ngapali Beach, this book will help you uncover Myanmar's most memorable experiences. We've found you the best ways to travel independently, supporting small-scale entrepreneurs and family-run businesses.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Unique color chapters on Shwedagon Paya
Locals give an insiders' perspective on life in Myanmar
Expanded coverage of the north and east
The most comprehensive guide to Myanmar on the market has a detailed chapter outlining the current situation and detailing the pros and cons of independent travel to this country. Includes a special section on the Temples of Bagan. of color. 65 maps.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Travel » Asia » Southeast Asia