- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Mass Market
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Lonely Planet Egypt (Lonely Planet Egypt)by Siona Jenkins
Synopses & Reviews
The voracious energy of Cairo, the grandeur of Luxor"s monuments, the laid-back vibe of Dahab and the remote beauty of the Western Desert oases: Lonely Planet"s bestselling guide to Egypt packs in more treasures than Tutankhamun"s tomb.
Meet The Pharaohs - an illustrated Pharaonic Egypt chapter by world-renowned Egyptologist Dr. Joann Fletcher brings the ancient rulers to life.
Cruise The Nile - for felucca fun, Agatha Christie-style nostalgia or kid-friendly cruising, our expert tips make finding the right trip a breeze.
Dive In - the definitive Red Sea diving guide will get you underwater and feeling on top of the world.
Sleep In Style - whatever your style, opinionated reviews bring you the best city hotels, Nile flotels, budget hostels and sunny resorts.
Get Organized, Stay Connected - tap into authoritative advice on transport, safety, Internet access and digital photography.
Find a Cairo coffeehouse to suit your own style; unwind, chat and inhale deeply over a sheesha
Forget hot springs: try a hot sand bath in the middle of the desert
Take belly-dancing lessons from the most famous teacher in Egypt
Relax in the soft light of early morning on a Nile cruise
In This Guide:
Five authors, 295 days of research, hundreds of touts and a week-long scuba course
Special chapter on cruising the Nile: choose from timeless feluccas and splendid dahabiyyas, the Rolls Royce of their era
Illustrated Pharaonic Egypt chapter by world-renowned Egyptologist Dr Joann Fletcher brings the ancient rulers to life
Content updated daily - visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveller suggestions
Packed with tips on how to escape the crowds and enjoy the country's archaeological heritage, this volume includes a special chapter on Pharaonic Egypt by world-renowned Egyptologist Dr. Joann Fletcher. 128 maps.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like