- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Lonely Planet Mexico (Lonely Planet Mexico)by John Noble
Synopses & Reviews
Sensuous and seductive, Mexico"s rich cultural traditions and raw, untamed natural beauty transcend the ages. Trample through jungles and high-plains deserts, explore ancient rites at mysterious Maya and Aztec ruins, or simply stretch out on a honey-kissed beach until maana comes - find your own 'querido Mexico" with this informed, comprehensive guide.
'X" Marks The Spot - The secrets of the Olmec, Toltec and more are at your fingertips. Indiana Jones would be proud.
Gather No Moss - Roll into adventure with comprehensive activity listings and more than 180 maps.
The Hammock Also Rises - Spend a day, a month or a lifetime checking out Mexico"s secret beach spots. Top local tips get you closer to the sandy solitude of Mexico"s lost coasts.
Ramblin' Gourmets - Discover la nueva cocina mexicana or simply chow down on fish tacos with our informed food reviews.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Find your inner archaeologist among the ancient Maya temples of jungle-covered Palenque
Breathe in the crisp air as you ride the railroad through the spectacular Copper Canyon
Cheer on the masked 'good guys' in one of Mexico City's raucous lucha libre (wrestling) bouts
Relax beside the azure Caribbean waters as you relish doing nothing in Playa del Carmen
In This Guide:
Fourteen authors, 525 days of in-country research, 185 detailed maps
Content updated daily - visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler insights
What Our Readers Are Saying